18

It's a kiss, my first kiss.

Our lips were locked for 5 seconds, then it parted and I saw her smiling still eyes close.

"Jennie" she said. I stiffened still shocked on what happened, why did she kiss me and say my name after?

"Jen? Are you okay there?" I turned my head and saw Rosie at the door.

"Y...yeah"

"How's Lisa? Your cousin is fine now, you could sleep here Jennie. I'll just stay at the living room, I had put some mat there" I instantly shook my head, oh no I can't sleep beside her.

"No, I'll sleep at the living room too. Lisa's fine now, I guess" I said and stand to put the towel in the basket.

"Let's go" I grab her hand and pulled her out of the room.

"O..okay. Are you okay Jennie?" I just nod my head and give her a smile.

After an hour

Damn it! I couldn't sleep. How many times I tried to close my eyes, remove the blanket and put it back, roll my body sidewards but I still can't sleep. What the hell is wrong with that kiss and it's disturbing me like this? Urgh! Of course Jennie, it's your first kiss and with your best friend.

"Jennie, you can't sleep too?" I startled when I heard Rosie, I thought I woke her up.

"Yeah, I... I'm thinking about.." shit! Should I tell her about the kiss?

"About what? About them?"

"Yes! That's right, it's about them" that was close. 

"What's bothering you Jen? You could tell me you know" we were now sitting with the blankets covering our legs. I don't know if it's good to share this with her, but I need to get this out as well.

"Is it about Somi and Lisa?" I quickly looked at her.

"W..what?"

"Come on, it's pretty obvious you know" I sigh. I guess I need to spill it now.

"I really don't know, I felt betrayed. I'm her best friend but it feels like I'm the last person to know that she's engaged already. And to think that it's Somi who everybody thought that they were just cousins" there, I said it. But Rosie shocks me with her reply.

"Because they really are" it was too late to cover her mouth because I heard it loud and clear.

"What? So they're really just cousins?" I'm confused. Lisa confirmed about the engagement thing they have with that younger girl. But when I heard it, I felt happy, I don't know why.

"Sorry Jennie, I don't know if I'm in the position to tell you this" no, curiosity kills the cat and I'm the cat.

"If it's something about me then I have the right to know" I said firmly.

"Okay, but let me ask you first" I nod.

"Are you jealous? Or did you even got jealous?" I furrowed my brow. What?

"What? Why would I?" just where did she got that idea?

"You're not answering my question Jen" jealous? maybe I got. We're best friends after all, I bet it's pretty normal.

"Maybe. I don't know, why are you asking me this?" I couldn't see the point. I was just asking if they really are cousins and now she's asking me about being jealous.

"Lisa would really kill me for this, but their plan is really ridiculous" no I'm even more confused.

"Plan?"

"Just promise me you'll act like I didn't say a word okay?" I nod. I really need to know what is happening. 

"Well, Jisoo told me that it's Lisa and Somi's plan-"

"Wait, Jisoo knows about this? You all know about this?" I sighed. This is frustrating to hear.

"Wait, I'm not included" she raised her hand showing a defensive gesture.

"I also got confused too, and I got worried of what is happening between the two of you so I asked Jisoo earlier" she paused.

"At first she doesn't want to say it but I forced her" I facepalmed. How dare she confided with my cousin? Aish!

"So what's their plan?"

"They did it to make you jealous?" my eyes widened. Am I hearing it right?

"To make me jealous? Are you sure she told you the truth?" what if Jisoo is jut lying right? To cover Lisa and their true plan.

"Positive. And it's really understandable you know" what the? What is she saying?

"Cut the words Rosie, just go straight to the point please" this is adding to my frustrations and my confusion. The kiss earlier and this, I don't know if I'm ready to hear what will she going to say.

"Gosh Jen! How oblivious you are! Can't you feel it? Lisa likes you!" I know, we like each other.

"I know Rosie, I like her too. We're best friends anyway. But why would she make me jealous?" then she place her palm on her face and sighed.

"Oh my god! I give up" she shakes her head.

"Come on Rosie! What are you trying to say?"

"Jennie! Lisa doesn't like you like normal like only. She likes you more than how you like me and how you like your cousin! You got it?" I was about to shook my head but she stopped me.

"Of course you don't. God! Lisa loves you Jennie! She loves you! And please it's not a best-friends love only" she rubs her cheeks left me dumbfounded with her words.

Lisa loves me? How come I didn't see this coming? She loves me, my best friend loves me. Just hearing it makes my heart beat fast. What is this? Is that why she said my name after she kissed me? Shit! I need to know what I am feeling right now! God!

"Jennie are you listening?" I came back from my thoughts when I heard her.

"Of course you're shocked! But Jen please, just act like you don't know. I feel bad for stealing Lisa the chance to tell it to you. Jisoo will kill me for sure!" she stood up and still saying something.

My mind is still disturbed about the news I got from Rosie, but what made me more and more confused is that, I'm happy hearing it. It feels like, I want to hear it again and again. I really need to know what is this. I'm going crazy!

"Here, it will help you get some sleep" I look up and she's handling me a glass of milk. I smile before getting it from her and she sit beside me. 

Rose Anne

"You little! Why did you drink huh? If something happens to you again, I'm not gonna forgive myself" I scolded the sleeping woman in front of me. Well, you can't blame me. I still love her, I still care for her and damn worried about her.

I caress her face, she's really pretty. Still eyes close, I felt her hand touches mine and grip it.

"Please be with me, I love you Chaeng. It h..hurts" my tears is starting to flow just by hearing her words. What I'm seeing right now is hurting me, because she said it while crying. I use my fingers to wipe the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Sorry hon, I love you but I'm still scared. Wait for me okay? I hope you will still be there when I'm ready" I slowly remove my hands from her and cover her with the blanket. Before I walk out of her room, I kiss her forehead.

And she smiled.
———————————
You can vote if you like :)

MVP: Sorry for the very slow updates, maybe I will upload 1 or 2 more chapters later. I'm really busy with school and I can't mess it up. My On the Job Training will be next semester so I need to really give my all and focus for this sem. Anyways, thank you for reading and waiting guys, promise I won't leave you hanging 💕

Congratulations to those who got the ticket for THE SHOW, lucky you 😔