10

15 years ago

Laughter's and nice words were heard inside the royal dining. Few weeks after the successful construction of the royal badminton court, the head Engineer was invited for a lunch together with the King and his few trusted people of the council.

"It was nice working with you Engr. Kim, the children loves it so much" Engr. Kim was so happy hearing the King's compliment.

"I'm glad you let my daughter and her friend to play in there your highness, they love it so much, and please call me Jacob" Kyungsoo got curious on the man's words.

"It's for a special person, but everybody can use it" the King smiled as he replied.

"Excuse me for my interruption your highness, I just want to ask Engr. Kim" he said and the King nods for permission.

"Thank you your grace. Engr. Kim, by any chance, is your daughter named Jennie?" the man looked at him slightly shocked from his question.

"Yes my Lord, that is my daughter's name" he confirmed, the King also got curious and asked Kyungsoo.

"Do you know her Kyungsoo?" everybody in the room was looking at him.

"Yes your grace, she's Lisa's friend" and because Jacob met the kid already, she know who Lisa is. But just like the others, he doesn't know who truly she is.

"She is your scholar, right my lord?" Jacob asked, the other two were just watching at the 3 people exchanging conversation.

"Yes, she is. Not just a scholar, but a special child" the King answered for Kyungsoo.

"Oh I see. No wonder she is close to your heart, she's very kind and sweet. Jennie and her got along so well, I'm happy she makes my daughter happy" hearing these words from Jacob made the King smiled. Before the topic was changed, the King whispered to himself. 'My Marceline found her PB'.

*******

"Angel I'm home" when Jennie heard Jacob, she quickly run to the living room to greet his father.

"Dad! I miss you" the man carried the 6 year old girl on his arms giving her kisses on her cheeks.

"I miss you too Angel, where's your mom?" Jennie wrapped her arms to his father's neck.

"I don't know, she said she'll go to the salon" Jacob sighed and walk towards the sofa.

"Did you eat already?" his worried because her mother only cares about herself and she always forgets about Jennie, especially when dinner.

"Yes Daddy, Lisa has little money and she brought me to a ramen resto. I love their food so much" he put Jennie down and sat beside her on the couch.

"You really love Lisa eh?" Jennie flashes her gummy smile and nods.

"Did you thank her?" still smiling, again she nods.

"Remember Jennie, when you grow up you should stay with someone who is true to you. Whatever that person's status is, stick with her especially in difficult times because it's rare to find those kind of people" an intelligent 6 year old girl understands what his father said, the girl looked at his father's eyes and nods.

Present

"You know I miss your father too. In fact, he's the reason why I want to be an Engineer" Lisa said and kissed Jennie's head. Since its weekend they are here in Lisa and Jisoo's apartment lying at the living room semi-cuddling.

"Me too, that court is so memorable for me Lis. It involves you and my Dad, the best persons in the world" Lisa smiled with Jennie's words, she loves the smell of Jennie's hair that's why she always kisses it.