No Girl Is My Competition And I'm Not Theirs

I held onto Luke's arm for stability, holding up my finger, signaling for him to wait. He sat me down too quickly, and my body felt uneasy. But he wanted his answer. His impatient questions were shooting at me, shot by shot. He wanted to know if I was dating someone.

His face was full of hurt, his foot tapped as he waited for me to answer, and I thought he was going to pop off at any second. I didn't want to break his heart, it was never my intention. He had to understand, I've told him no. Over and over again. If I chose to date someone else which I haven't, he would have to accept it. He is not the one I want.

After all of the failed attempts to ask me out, he managed to get back up and try again. I admired that. We're friends. That's all we are ever going to be. As he stood above me, calling my name with such sorrow, I desperately wanted to find a way out.

"Bo?"

A different, familiar voice sounded off. I looked up to see the hazel eyes I met last week. He stood in a button-down shirt, looking between Luke and me. A breath released itself from my mouth. My knight and shining armor.

"Miles," I smiled. "I didn't know you were coming."

"I hope you're joining us," he glared at Luke. "Do you want to show me the way to the table?"

"Of course," I stared at his hazel-eyes with awe. "Give me one second, please."

I turned to Luke, who had anger written all over his face. It made me want to walk away and not stay to hear what he had to say. Whenever someone is angry with me, I can't help but tear up. And when it came to Luke, I felt as if there had been an unliftable weight on my chest.

"That means you're here with Kinnick," Luke snapped. "Tell me you're joking."

"They're practically dating," Chrissy egged on his anger. "She rode on his motorcycle and everything."

"The fuck if you are, it's not happening," he pointed to my outfit. "You're wearing a damn skirt. What are you thinking? Anyone could see your -"

"You wouldn't complain if it was your bike."

"I won't let it happen."

"You're not my dad!"

"Maybe I should be," he growled. "It seems like you're making plenty of bad decisions."

The entrance doors opened. "Luke, Bailey's here."

"Bailey?" Chrissy scoffed. "The girl you had over a few nights ago?"

"Drop it."

I tapped Luke's chest. "Congratulations on your win."

My feet carried me to Miles, who stared with concern. I didn't know why Luke asked me to sit at his table. Would he flirt with me as usual and kiss Bailey? He wasn't going to make me jealous or the other way around. No girl is my competition, and I'm not theirs.

Miles's boots collided against the floor, making a clicking sound with every step. He listened to me talk about Luke in our short walk. His hands played with his piercing while he talked to me. I told him nothing more than friendship would happen between Luke and I. For some reason that made him smirk.

"Kinnick likes you, you know? He said you're quite infectious."

"He has a weird way of showing it."

"He always has," he tousled his hair. "I can't get him to talk about anything other than you."

Kinnick pushed out of his seat when he noticed us. Miles pulled him into a hug, but the boxer seemed more concerned with me being left by Chrissy than he did hugging his friend. I watched him furrow his brows.