Chapter 25

A/N: I promised an update on Saturday night to some  of you. Something came up and I couldn't finish writing the chapter.

Rafael groaned in his sleep and cursed out loud.

Shit!

His head was aching so badly. It felt as if an entire salvation army had marched through it.

Just how many vodka bottles did he had last night?

Never in his entire life had he drunk that much. Poor Santiago had to carry his limp body all the way to his room on the third floor. He was nursing a terrible headache but he knew he had to get up.

God knows what evil plans that wretched woman, Paula had up her sleeves. She could be planning to abduct his daughter to some godforsaken country.

No!

He would rather die than let that happen. He will not be separated from his daughter. Not anymore!

And Paula...

Oh God!

Just thinking about her made his blood fire up. He clenched his hands into tight fists breathing loudly. He was going to make her suffer hell. A great deal of that!

Rafael swung his long legs to the floor and stilled for a moment, running a hand over his weary face. Then he remembered something urgent. Grabbing his phone from the nightstand, he dialed the number of Nikos, his head of security.

"Nikos ! Any updates?," he hastily asked in a nervous voice.

"No Rafael. Paula and her mother have not stepped out of the house since morning."

He breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Good! Don't let her out of your sight."

He was about to end the call when Nikos's voice stopped him.

"Hey Buddy! Are you sure you’re okay?," he asked in a voice laced with concern.

"It’s nothing l can’t handle. I am hanging in there," Rafael replied frankly.

"I can have Antonio take my place and come to your house," he suggested.

Rafael shook his head in denial even though Nikos couldn't see him.

"Don't! I don't trust anyone with this besides you. Make sure the media doesn't catch wind of this."

"I know."

He ended the call feeling a bit relieved. Nikos was very proficient at his job and he trusted him. He was not only his head of security but also his best friend. The two of them go a long way back.

They had been buddies ever since they were in diapers. When Rafael had made his first million, he whisked Nikos from their hometown to work for him. Nikos has been more than glad to leave his low paying job to work for his buddy.

Hazel wheeled herself into his room. Rafael groaned inside. He wasn't in a good place and one look at him, Hazel would know that something was off. She was very shrewd and perceptive. Nothing escaped her eye.

He averted his face, pretending to fidget with his cell phone.

"Morning Hazel. Aren't you up so early? The doctor advised you complete rest," he said in a voice he assumed was cheerful enough.