moving in

A/N: Please note this story is coming to an end very soon. xoxo

|austin|

     “You going to the party tonight, man? We’d love to see you,” Zach says, smirking at Madison and me. I try not to notice it though, but when I feel Madison’s hand tense against mine underneath the table I know she does. I shoot her a comforting squeeze though.

     A few days ago I backed out of that stupid bet with Zach, Robert, and Alex. The one about making her fall in love with me. They didn’t care though. They could tell the way I looked at her was something real especially since it’s for this girl. And I guess she looks at me in this way that’d she’s never looked at someone before. It’s kind of exciting to let yourself fall for someone.

     She’s not my girlfriend though. I’m definitely too much of a pussy to officially ask. I want to actually take her out on a few dates before making anything official. I don’t know why, but since I worry too much I want to make sure my decision is for sure. But I already know.

     “I don’t know, depends on what my plans are later,” I say, shrugging a bit. Without realizing it I find out Madison had removed her hand from my own. It leaves me in confusion so I place my hand on her thigh. Shivering is her reaction to this, but when I glance over I find her smiling a little down at her lap where my hand lays.

     “You going Madison?” Zach soon says. The flirting from the guys stopped towards her. I’m glad too because if it didn’t I’d get involved. One thing about me is I’m protective of my girl. I wouldn’t let anyone flirt with her, or touch her the way I do. She’s off limits, and technically she’s my girl. I’d make it official soon because a catch like Madison wouldn’t stay for long.

     Madison just shrugs.

     “Parties aren’t my thing,” she says before continuing, “I’m probably going to stay home.” If Madison is staying home then I’d be staying with her. We’ve been hanging out a lot more, just like friends do. We act the same, not letting some relationship change the way we act. I like her how she is and she likes me how I am. No need to change our routine. Last time I kissed her was Halloween which was a week ago. I miss her lips too.

     I move my hand up a bit, and rub it from the inside of her thigh to the outside. I could see her nervously playing with her fingers, telling me she feels a little uncomfortable so I start to remove my hand. Madison ends up not letting me. She places it where it was before. It makes me smile too.

     “Oh I get it. Movie night, just cuddling?” Zach asks, wiggling his eyebrows at us. I simply roll my eyes, and throw a French fry at him from my lunch. He catches it somehow, and plops it into his mouth. Then grins proudly about it. I simply chuckle at him, soon facing Madison.

     She looks over at me too, making my heart stop at our sudden eye contact. I just let this smile creep onto my lips, which she gladly returns with a smile of her own. Very beautiful too.

     “So I guess were having a movie night?” I ask her, watching as she lets out a laugh that is music to my ears.

     “I guess so Mahone.

     “Sabrina, it was just going to be Austin and me,” I hear Madison say to her little sister in the living room. I act like I can’t hear her from the kitchen, but I definitely could. No matter how low Madison tries to keep her voice I can still hear it.

     “I wanna bond with Austin too, Madi. You can’t just hog him. Maybe he came over here for me,” she boasts, and Madison just lets out that beautiful laugh of hers.