one kiss

|austin|

     I ended up still taking Kelly on that date, but only one date. That lasted one hour. I couldn't handle some long date with Kelly when I still imagined Madison's lips on mine. After Madison and I kissed we both went on our ways, but together. We aren't a couple though, definitely not. It was one kiss, and nothing more. But I'm an awkward guy who doesn't know if Madison is interested anymore. She's been going on dates with Marco almost every week.

     I think Madison isn't sticking around because well I can't seem to ask her out. Every time I try to I just choke up, or go quiet. I basically put her in the friend zone for no reason. I need to just ask her out on a date already.

     "You okay?" I hear Alex ask from beside me.

     You know tonight is Halloween. I’ve spent a solid two months here at this new school and tonight I’ll go have some fun. I’ll go out. Forget about Madison and my troubles and hang out with the guys. I just want to have one night with out Madison constantly on my mind. I am literally the girl in our “relationship” or whatever it is. Around Madison I can’t be cocky because I like her.

     There I said it. Well… thought it.

     I like Madison. I like the way she gets frustrated when she does homework. I like the way she closes her eyes when she listens to music it. I like the way she smiles down at her little sister. I like the way she plays with her fingers when a teacher talks to her. I like the feeling of her small hands in mine. I like her glossy lips that always look so kissable. I like the way she laughs when I’m around. I like how no matter what is happening she can some how look so beautiful. I like how she has this effect on me. I like every little thing about her.

     “Fine bro. Let’s just have a good time tonight.”

     “I can’t believe you are being the “fuck her right in the pussy” guy,” Zach says to me, chuckling a bit at the end of the sentence. I just smirk at him, shrugging innocently. I couldn’t think of what else to really be. I didn’t have anyone to impress this Halloween.

     “I hope you don’t mind. Madison is hanging with us tonight. Marco ditched her for some party, and she told me he’s already hooked up with someone,” Robert soon says, making my heart break a little bit. 

     “Is she okay?” I ask quickly, and Rob just chuckles at me. I must look so pathetic, but I like Madison. I’m worried about Madison because a girl like her doesn’t need to be sad over some ass hole of a guy when she can do much better. She could be with me. I’d treat her right.

     “Yeah, she’s fine. Seems to me she doesn’t really like him,” Alex then speaks up, looking at me in a serious manner. I know Alex and Madison are pretty close, which sort of annoys me, but I know Alex wouldn’t make a move. Plus, Alex knows I already made one on her (well she basically did). I told him about the kiss, but I also told him we’re just friends. This resulted in Alex telling me to grow a pair and make a bigger move.

     It’s like Alex couldn’t understand that it is physically impossible for me to do exactly that. I’ve tried to do it. I’ve tried so hard because I want her. I want Madison only for myself. Sounds really possessive, but I’m so needy. Usually the girls are the weaker links, but no… I’m different.

     I hate it too. I wish I could be more confident when around Madison.

     “Madi!” I hear Zach’s deep voice shout towards the darkness, I couldn’t see her until a few seconds later when she got closer. My eyes scan down her body, seeing she decided to be a fairy for Halloween. It actually is a cute costume on her. She’s this blue and purple fairy. She isn’t a dark one. She has light make up on, making her look naturally amazing like usual. 

     I notice Madison’s lips twitch into a smile as she stands in front of all four of us boys. I have to slide my glasses off to get a better look at her. I don’t let my gaze falter because Madison really did look good. Like I say she always seems to amaze me. I don’t know how she does it. She just does.

     My eyes soon connect with her own, and a flustered me returns. I look away, blushing just a little bit, but the darkness hides it.

     "Ready to go everyone?" Alex speaks up from next to me before pushing me towards Madison a bit. I don't mind either, needing a little push actually. I need to realize tonight could be the night to make the first move this time. Halloween is when you be someone you're not. It’s not like me to make the first move on a girl I like. I should change that. 

     I find myself standing next to Madison as we walk through the streets. Teens rush by in barely any clothing. Little kids eagerly pull each other to one house then to the next one. The only thing keeping the streets lit is the bright lights from each different house. What makes the streets so alive tonight are the people. I always loved the happiness in the people’s eyes on this day.

     “What are you thinking about?” I hear Madison whisper next to me. My eyes trail down over to her. I can see her blue eyes looking beautiful from the house lights. Some how she still has those beautiful blue eyes that are easily seen.

     “Wanna know something?” I whisper to Madison. I notice her eyes light up, making the light from people’s houses not look as bright.

     I take a deep breath before telling Madison a new fact about me, “I remember being Batman when I was 4 years old. My mom still has the videos that she seems to always watch every year during this time. I would race up to each house and tell them, “I’m Batman.” I was shy when I was younger so that was really the only words I could utter.” I then chuckle at the end, running a hand through my brown hair. I had put my hood down by now, wishing deep down I was something else this Halloween. 

     I let my hand drop to the side before letting out another sigh. “Madison…” I let out, before feeling her hand slip into my own. I intertwine our fingers so naturally before pulling her close to my side.

     “What’s up?” Madison asks me so casually as if she doesn’t have the slightest clue. 

     I honestly just couldn’t take it anymore. I guide Madison to in front of me, and place my hands firmly on her hips. She looks at me with such innocence that turns me on so easily. So I swiftly pull her to me, and connect my lips to hers for the best Halloween kiss ever. 

+25 votes for next chapter???