never forget

55+ votes for next chapter? xoxo

|madison|

     “So where are we going?” I ask as Austin’s taps his finger against the wheel of his car. With You by Chris Brown is faintly heard in the back, since Austin turned the music down low to talk to me. And finally I had gotten curious and wanted to know where he was taking me. We’ve been in the car for the past 20 minutes, and I hated it.

“You’ll see, baby. We’re close,” Austin says, before humming along to the music a bit.

     I sigh, looking out the window just to see us pass different size trees. Some thin, some thick. Each one was different from the one next to it. It was sort of a distraction from thinking of what Austin could have planned.

     I never saw myself worthy of Austin’s greatness. And he is always spoiling me and treating me like some princess that I’m not. He is just an amazing boyfriend, and it was so weird to think about. I never saw myself falling in love with some guy like him. I never even saw myself falling in love. I didn’t think anyone could accept everything about me. He takes me at my best and at my worst. I just got so lucky.

     I hope Sabrina meets someone as amazing as Austin. I just hope she finds someone who brings out the best in her. She deserves it all. She deserves way more then I did. She is such a smart girl and I wondered how she could be my sister. She was probably the best sister I could have asked for. I hope she thinks the same of me.

     “We’re here,” I hear Austin say as he pulls up to this field. On the ground is a blanket, candles holding it down on different sides of it. A basket is in the middle, and next to it is a bouquet of white roses. My favorite.

Austin comes to my side, opening the door for me. I smile up at the sight of a smiley him, and I swear I’d never seen a grin so big on him.

     He just looks so proud of what he’d done. And I had to admit it was so nice of him. I just couldn’t see myself deserving it from him. He was still going to do it though, making me feel beyond special. He always did things for me, not wanting anything in return. Just seeing me happy was the best thing in his life. Even his mom saw the happiness I brought him, and I tried not to let my eyes tear up at the thought.

     Austin guides me over to the blanket, helping me sit down. He sits next to me, pulling out his macbook from the basket along with some homemade pasta his mom probably made. He opens up ITunes, and starts to play his favorite movie, Anchorman. It makes me laugh too.

His puts some pasta on a plate for me, pushing it forward. I take it in my hands, eating a bit as he watched me.

“That’s kind of creepy,” I grumble as I wipe at my mouth.

      Austin just leans in, pressing his cold lips to my own. I set down the pasta so I can place my hand on his cheek. I kiss him back with all the passion in me, rubbing my thumb against his cheek. He seems to smile at the feeling, making me pull back for a minute to smile myself. Austin just brings his lips back to mine after that though. He leans over me, guiding me to lay back on the blanket.

Knowing I’d probably give myself up to him in this dark smelly forest scared me shitless, but I was in love. I was really in love, and it wasn’t puppy love or stupid high school love. He was the one. He had to be.

     Maybe I was being naive, but honestly no one makes me feel like Austin does. No one is Austin for that matter. I don’t want someone like him to get away from me so I’d do anything just to keep him.

“I love you, baby,” he says after pulling back for air.

“I love you too,” I hum as he soon goes back to eating and then cuddling with me.

     I laugh as Austin helps me back into our car. But before he does he pushes my back to it softly, letting his lips attach to him. I kiss him back because he sure as hell deserved it after this amazing date.

“I love you,” he reminds.

“I love you too,” I remind back.

      Austin shuts my door after I get in, and gets into shot gun. Tonight was perfect. Everything went amazing and I knew I’d never forget tonight. I’d never forget any moment of it. Austin and I finally went on a real date, our first date, and it was the most amazing moment I’ve truly ever experienced.

     Austin turns on the radio, backing up, and heading on his way home. He holds the steering wheel with one hand, before sliding his own into mine. I can feel the tingles shoot up my arm, and a blush creep onto my face. 

Just the small things he did had an effect on me.

      Austin soon pulls up to a red light, squeezing my hand before going on the green. I watch him, seeing the headlights. “Austin!”

I don’t remember anything after that.