no.

|austin|

     "Just because you took me to the nurse and helped me doesn't mean I have to say yes," Madison hisses at me as she tries to crutch past me. Her voice is cold as she turns me down.

     I asked Madison out on a date. I actually grew a pair and made a move, but she turned me down just like I had guessed. I won't give up though; I just follow behind her since I am carrying her books in my hands. Our Chemistry teacher told me I had to walk Madison to class every day to carry her books since I am the only presence she seems to enjoy.

     I don't think she enjoys my presence very much. She gets irritated with me easily for the smallest things like walking too slow or walking too far in front of her. She declines all my offers to help her open doors or pull out her chairs. It seems like she hates to feel vulnerable or she just hates me.

     "Can't we at least-"

     "No," she says, and I try to continue, but she just ignores my pleads and requests. I sometimes wonder if this girl ever had a heart just the slightest bit. But I know deep down somewhere she cares. She cares for someone. I don't know who because Madison wouldn't dare let me ask her any personal questions and if I did she'd brush them off.

     I want to get to know Madison from the small details like her favorite color to her deepest darkest secrets like her fears or maybe even deeper. I'd be willing to listen to anything this girl had to say. One thing about her that is very attractive is her voice. It has this sort of effect on you that can make you a little weak in the knees. To have her just say my name would be a pleasure.

     "Class is this way," I say to Madison as final period pulls up. She nods her head, still walking in the opposite direction and to her car. I follow behind her, not daring to question her because I know what she is doing. She's ditching, but why?

     I walk to her car with her, opening the shot gun for her. She shrugs that off, getting into the drivers seat and throwing her crutches into the back. I am about to speak up, but Madison beats me to it,

     "Put my books here. I have to go," she says, pursuing her lips that look so wet as if she had just wiped her tongue against them. I had to lick mine at the sight.

      I don't listen to Madison, getting into the car. Madison doesn't seem to like this reaction so she rolls her eyes at me, but they still somehow look beautiful.

     "Get out."

     "Just because you said so, doesn't mean I will," I respond, looking over at her. Madison seems to look shocked at my retort back at her request, but it turns into a hard glare.

     "Get out, Austin," she says, my name rolling off her perfect tongue. I wonder if she's a good kisser or if she had even kissed at all. Was Madison even a virgin or had she gotten with many guys before I had moved here?

     "No."

     Madison groans loudly, not fighting with me anymore. She leans over to close my door and then slams her keys into the engine. Her blue eyes glance over to her clock and then she goes quick, starting the car up and making her way out of her parking spot. Madison seems to be in a rush by the way she grips onto the wheel, making me raise an eyebrow at the way she is acting.

     I look out my window, soon realizing Madison is pulling up to a small middle school.

     "Why are we-"

     "Don't ask questions, okay?" she asks, her eyes staring straight forward and not daring to look over at me. I notice her jaw locked in anger and her neck vein revealing itself and driving myself insane. Girls usually never got that angry, but she makes it look hot.

     I nod my head, soon getting out of the car to help her out. Madison immediately clings onto my arm to help herself out, and for once not denying my help. This place made Madison sort of feel relaxed, and actually look like an innocent teenage girl and not some mystery.

     She ran a hand through her brown hair, before I hand her her crutches. Madison accepts them, still not looking me in the eyes after getting out of the car.

      When she starts to crutch off, I follow behind her. I decide to take a look around, and slowly try to figure out one new piece of information I will be finding out about Madison. My eyes trail around to see Madison is heading over to a classroom, and kids were starting to exit.

      They look about 7 or 8, which means they are first graders. I could feel my heart drop as my eyes land on a younger looking Madison. Brown hair, green/blueish eyes, small freckles, slightly plump lips. Her eyes lit up as they land on Madison. Her little feet take off towards her, and a huge grin is on her face.

     "Madi!" she squeals, wrapping her small arms around Madison's waist. I watch as Madison smiles down at her, making my insides turn at how beautiful Madison looks when she smiles. I have never seen her smile, and I wish I could've before. Her teeth are pure white and perfectly straight. Madison probably had gotten braces, and is someone who likes to not have morning breath or go to sleep with food stuck in her teeth. Madison has always seemed like a pretty clean person, so I figure she likes to keep her hygiene good.

     "Hey Sabrina," she whispers down to her sister, smiling still. I think she has forgotten I am here, and I make sure she continues to forget so I can keep seeing her smile.

     I stick my hands into my pockets, watching as Sabrina starts to tell Madison about her day and how she made macaroni necklaces, and the boys in her class had cooties. I always wished I had a brother or sister. Being an only child gets boring, but it could be nice. I just don't like being alone.

     "Madi, who is that?" I hear Sabrina speak up, shyly. She pokes out her small chubby finger out at me, looking into my eyes. I decide it's my cue to step forward and lean down to Sabrina's height.

     She stands in front of me, trying to read me like no first grader usually did. She sure is a lot like Madison.

     "I'm Austin, a friend of Madi's," I voice, sticking my hand out to the small girl. Her eyes glance down to it, but when she hears me say friend. She seems to smile and shake it.

      "I didn't know my sister had friends," Sabrina whispers to me, making Madison roll her eyes when I look up at her. Madison still is smiling though, not seeming to want to get mad at her sister which surprises me. Madison didn't make me think she'd be a loving sister. She honestly seems like she would get annoyed if she had siblings. See. Madison is a mystery because you try to read her, but you turn out just being wrong.

      I smile down at the girl, glancing at Madison once more, “Well, she sure has me.

_____________________________________

Get to at least 15 hearts? :)