Chapter 8

Warning: in the end I'll hint to a sensitive topic which can be triggering. Please read at own risk! 

Please do not read if you are uncomfortable with the senistive topics I have mentioned in the summary about this book.

All week I was scared and confused. I even had forgotten about the fact I was now finally eighteen. The moment in the rose garden with Edric was absolutely terrifying. And to top that off I had all these questions in my head. What did Edric mean with mafia and underworld? I had tried to look at up on my laptop, but it had many restrictions on my internet access. A lot of websites I had not access to and I was too afraid to ask my father or my brother.

The whole week I was stressed and today did not help. Today was my wedding.

I was already sent to the bathroom to take a shower by Miranda. To say I was shocked was an understatement. She was the one to wake me up and was already yelling me directions. Everything had to be perfect, was Miranda's motto today.

I had hoped I would have the morning to myself, to try and calm myself down before this life changing event. Only I did not get the chance to. My hands were shaking the whole time I was in the shower and they remained shaking throughout the day.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw a complete make-up stationary set up in front of the mirror in my room. Next to that five women walked around. Three were standing around the make-up bags and two around my wedding dress. Where that many women necessary to help me getting ready?

"Ah dear, you are ready, good. Go sit over here and I'll check on your breakfast." Miranda directed me as she walked out.

I sat on the chair which was settled in front of the mirror.

While I was sitting there, the women were making small talk to me and chit-chatted with each other. I on the other hand did not really engage. I only forced a smile on my face when needed and would say a small 'yes' or 'no'.

Many face masks were put on me. After the skincare treatment was finished, I was pampered with a manicure and pedicure. Lastly my hair and make-up were done.

Somehow, I managed to eat my food in between the whole process of me getting ready.

I noticed that we were running low on time because Miranda was stressing out, which made me more stressed and nervous as well.

When Miranda left the room shortly, one of the women turned to me with a worried face, "Are you alright sweetie? You look awfully stressed for a bride to be."

Why had she to ask me? I was bad at lying and I did not know what to do. "Uh-uhm, I'm f-fine." I stuttered. I was not fine. I wanted to cry, to scream. The only thing I wanted was my brother and his hugs. I needed him.

Luckily for me, Miranda came back before the ladies could ask further.

When I was ready, Xavier walked into my bedroom. "How are you all doing? Is my little sister ready yet?" He asked while stepping in the room.

"Yes, yes, she is ready and that means we need to go. We are already behind schedule." Miranda said in a worried tone.

"Actually, can I have moment with Xavier?" I asked in a timid voice. "Dear, did you not listen to me, we are already behind schedule. Everything must be perfect, it not only about the bride Ava. It is also my son's day." She hissed at me.

I did not see where that came from. I was intimidated by her words and I did not dare to say another word. But luckily for me my brother was there to help me. "Miranda, I think there are five minutes in that schedule of yours we can take for a little brother and sister moment." Xavier said very calm, but just as intimidating.