Chapter 9

-Nora POV-

I wasn’t on the team to protect Eren. I was with the decoy team.
“I’m so sorry, Eren” said Armin. “I was just talking out of my head. It wasn’t my intention for you to be pulled into all of this”

“Stop apologising” said Eren. “The fact is, you have a gift for strategy and you know it. I believe in you, Armin”
“Eren” said Mikasa. “I really think I should…” but she got interrupted by Eren.

“You’re not going with me. You’re on the decoy squad, period” he said.
“No way, I’m not leaving you alone. I won’t take another chance” she said.
“Knock it the hell off!” shouted Eren. “Get it through your head that I’m not your responsibility. You’re not my mother!”

‘That was harsh…’
“Ackerman” said an officer on the protection squad. “I want you on the squad that will be providing Yeager with backup. We’ll need your skill. Hop too, let’s get this started”

Mikasa looked happy, while I tried not to be insulted by the fact that they asked Mikasa and not me. But on the other hand, I was happy that I wouldn’t have to leave my grandfather and Armin alone.

The decoy strategy was working. So many Titans were close to us.
“Nora! Don’t go any closer!” shouted Armin, I was hanging on the wall with my ODM-gear.

“Got it! Don’t worry!” I shouted.
I got back up on the wall and switched with another soldier.
Suddenly, we saw a big light, striking like lightning…

“Wow, is that Eren?” I asked.
“I think so” said Armin.
Not long after the light, we saw red smoke.

“What the hell? What did go wrong?” I asked.
“I’m going to them” said Armin and put down the gas tanks.
“I’m coming with you” I said and ran after him. I looked back at my grandfather who nodded.

‘Thank you, grandpa. For trusting me’
I ran next to Armin on the wall. “Maybe it’s nothing too big” I said.
“Maybe, I hope so” he said.

“Have a little faith. We still need to see the sea” I said and he smiled.
We finally found Eren and Mikasa. Eren was lying next to the boulder, smoke was coming out of his hands. He wasn’t moving…

“Eren…” said Armin. “Come on, what are you doing? Wake up!”
We went to Eren, and stood on his shoulders.

“Mikasa!” I shouted, she stood on a rooftop. “What the hell went wrong?”
“Armin? Nora?” she shouted.

“Why on earth is he just slopped up here like this?” asked Armin.
“Get away! It’s dangerous! Something went wrong! He lost control and wound up like that! I tried to snap him out of it, but I couldn’t get him to respond! He’s been out like this for the past few minutes!” she shouted.

“But the plan!” shouted Armin.
“Now all we can do is protect them! He’s defenceless. And there’s… there’s just too many! I don’t know how much longer we can keep this up!” she shouted.

Armin looked at Eren. “Nora” he said. “Get off Eren. I’ll try to wake him up. You should help Mikasa with the Titans”

He looked determent… “Okay” I whispered. “Be careful”
“You too” he said and I followed Mikasa.

She looked at Armin. “Trust him” I said. “We need to hold off the other Titans as long as we can”
“Okay, let’s go” she said and we left.

We saw people get eaten… the protection squad was struggling with a Titan that was on a roof.
“Get out of the way, Captain!” I shouted and slashed the Titans neck with one move.