Over a Trapdoor

"Tonight if you want. Wizard's duel, no contact. Midnight alright? In the trophy room, that's always unlocked."

That was what Ellie heard as she walked out of the Great Hall. So that's what Malfoy and Harry were talking about, a wizard's duel. It seemed to be a common thing for Malfoy to believe that he was superior to Harry, but obviously, he was too dumb to believe they would need seconds, they couldn't do much damage to each other. After all, they were only 11. 

"What are you thinking about Ellie?" Hannah spoke suspiciously from beside her. Hannah Abbott, a Hufflepuff and one of her dormmates.

"Yea. Why were you staring at Malfoy and Harry?" Came Ernie from the other side of her. Ernie Macmillan, another Hufflepuff.

"It's nothing guys, honestly," she replied. "Meet me by the kitchen at 11:45, and don't question anything." That time she whispered to just Hannah. As Ellie pulled away, she saw a slightly worried look grace the shorter girl's face, but she knew they had nothing to worry about. 

She suspected Malfoy's father had taught him better than to hit a girl and of course, Harry and Ron were too respectful to do such a thing, although she wasn't so sure about Crabbe and Goyle. She didn't think they would think twice about it what with them being the idiots they were.

As the day progressed, Ellie became more and more nervous by the minute. What if something did happen to Harry and Ron? She didn't care much for Draco and his goons, but it was still nerve-wracking to think that any of them could get seriously hurt by whatever was going to happen. What if they get stuck in the third-floor corridor? Those few things were the only thoughts on her mind until she was sat in the common room alongside Cedric after dinner.

"You're acting really nervous and it's making me scared," Cedric said, expressing his feelings for the 11-year-old. He noticed this the whole way through dinnertime as well and it was making him extremely worried about what could be going on inside her brain; He wanted to protect her until the day he died.

I'm fine Ced."

"Please tell me, Lee, best friends aren't supposed to keep secrets from each other."

"I know I know, it's just something between Harry and Malfoy, nothing you need to worry about."

"Okay. Just don't get too involved. Malfoy's a git."

"Again Ced, I know."

She laid her head on Cedric's shoulder and let out a deep sigh while Cedric laid his head on hers. In that moment, they both thought about how lucky they were to have each other.

*11:45pm*

"Will you please tell me why and where we're going?" Hannah pleaded with Ellie. You're not telling me and it's a bit annoying."

"Sorry Hannah, but you'll just have to be annoyed until we get there." Ellie heard a groan from beside her as they walked down the corridor. As the two girls got closer and closer to the room, she had a sneaking suspicion that Draco wouldn't be there. He probably wanted to get Harry expelled, but of course, she wouldn't let that happen.

By the time the Hufflepuffs had reached the trophy room, it was already midnight and yet, Ellie didn't see them anywhere. She knew it. Draco was probably still in his bloody common room, and Harry and Ron? They were...

"Bloody hell!" 

Ron. That's Ron's voice. The third-floor corridor, they came from the third floor.

"Harry!" He stopped, and so did the others: Ron, Hermione, and Neville. They all looked as pale as Merlin's Mushrooms.

"Ellie?" Hermione questioned. The pair were standing in front of the four now.

"Ellie this is stupid, I'm going back to the common room," Hannah spoke from beside her, blushing when she caught sight of Neville.

"I'll come!" The chubby Gryffindor added.

"Sure, you guys go, I want to talk to these three anyway," Ellie explained whilst indicating to the three deadly pale people in front of her. The boy and girl nodded, smiling at one another before walking down the corridor and out of sight. Once she couldn't see them anymore, she swiveled back around to face Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

"Was the dog any different this time?"

"What?" The three asked in unison.

"Oh sorry, I forgot we told nobody. A few days ago when I had my first D.A.D.A lesson, I got detention with Malfoy. After we finished we were walking towards the dungeons together when we saw Mrs. Norris so we ran to a door at the end of the corridor." The three nodded their heads for her to continue. "Well, that door had the dog inside of it." She finished.

"So you've seen it too?" Ron questioned.

"Obviously."

"Yes that's all very good Ellie but honestly, did you guys not see what it was standing on?" Hermione questioned.

"No." The two redheads said together.

"The floor?" Harry asked. "I wasn't looking at its feet, I was too busy staring at its heads!" At this, the bushy-haired girl rolled her eyes.

"No, not the floor. It was standing on a trapdoor, it's obviously guarding something." She proclaimed in annoyance.

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves boys. We and Neville could have all been killed - or worse, expelled." This time she turned to glare at Ellie. "You too. Now if you three don't mind I'm going to bed." And with that, the annoyed girl stomped down the corridor towards the Gryffindor common room.

A great sigh came from Ron as the three 11 year old's looked around at each other. A soft smile graced Ellie's face as she locked eyes with Harry, him reciprocating the same one back.

"I'll see you guys later."

"Oh yeah, bye Ellie."

"Bye."

Ellie turned on her heel and strutted down the hallways, stopping at the barrels and tapping on the middle one. But whilst stumbling along the passageway to her dormitory, she couldn't help but wonder one thing.

What was that monster guarding? 

/•/•/•/•/

A/N:

Thank you so much for 200 reads! Even though it's not much, I can't believe that I actually achieved something like this. It means so much to me that the people reading this like the story. You guys are all awesome. 

I hoped you liked this chapter, remember to plz vote and comment on what you thought about it.

Enjoy! 😜