Discoveries

"What?"

Snape's eyes widened and his skin paled even more than one would think it could. He shouldn't have said that. Damnit! She wasn't supposed to know that he was her Godfather, and yet he had spilled it out to her in a fit of rage and fear. It was alright though, he guessed. She didn't have to know who her parents were, all she had to know about it was that he was her Godfather.

"Y - you're..." Ellie stuttered; Snape took a deep breath.

"Yes, I'm you're Godfather."

Her face twisted into a look of horror. Him, the Professor who wears black everyday, favours his own house and bullies students, including, she may add, Harry, Ron and Hermione. Never; never in her life would she imagine him to be related to her in some way, even if only a Godfather. Even worse, her parents were the ones to pick this fate. Did her parents not love her? How could they have been friends with this man, this devil?

"Well, are you going to say anything?"

"N - ummm. I just remembered I have some Herbology homework to finish, yea! Bye!"

Ellie rushed out of the gloomy office, straight past the torch-lit classroom and out through the wooden door. She hurried along the passageway, keeping her head low so as not to attract any attention from a prefect that might happen to be wandering the halls. And as luck would have it, one was.

"Lupin."

She looked up. There, hard-faced with eyes bearing down upon here behind his horn-rimmed glasses, was Percy. Percy Weasley. Now this was a character Ellie hated to cross. With his attempted important-like walk, that, know she thought about it, looked similar to that of Draco's father. Oh how she so disliked the prefects badge pinned to his chest, how it was always so perfectly straight and proper. In all conclusion, it was probably his most prized possession.

"Percy," she muttered.

"I don't suppose you have a reason for wandering through the dungeons while every other student is back in their dormitories?"

"I'm sorry, maybe I misheard you Perfect Prefect Percy, but did you say every other student?"

"Yes, I do believe I did."

Ellie could hear the annoyance in his voice. Oh how she loved this.

"Then why, if may I ask, are you not in your dormitory?" She was trying to hid her smirk, but she wasn't doing a very good job of it. Percy, on the other hand, looked gob-smacked at her sass and wittiness.

"I happen to be a prefect thank you very much. It is my duty to make sure every student inside these walls is safe and in their dormitories at this particular moment."

"Oh yes, that. Well maybe with the information that I happen to have defeated the hideous creature alongside your brother and his friend, you can make to your dormitory as well. Goodnight Percy." And with a strut in every stride, Ellie continued on the way to her destination, leaving a very displeased Percy behind her.

She hurried down corridor after corridor, stopping only when she got to the archway in which stood a significantly large, stone griffin. The Headmaster's tower. But what was the password? She knew, of course, that there was one. Just like the Gryffindor and Slytherin common rooms. Ellie just had to ask, or explain to Professor Dumbledore of the conversation that had previously gone down between her and her supposed Godfather.

Suddenly, the griffin began to move upwards, revealing a spiral staircase that spun around as the statue moved along. Ellie stared in amazement; oh how strange and curious this castle was.

She stood there as stiff as a board, waiting and waiting to see the momentous statue again. She soon took great interest in a spot of dirt on the floor; she didn't notice that the griffin had made its way back down, accompanied by Professor McGonagall.