0014 • The answer

Thanks for the reads, darlings!

This chapter may contain violence!

••••••••

"Will you be my date to the Yule Ball?" Draco said, louder this time.

My mouth opened for a few seconds, clearly in aghast as he had taken a possible liking for me. I mean, he is asking me to the Yule Ball which meant he wanted me as a date.. I think that's how it works. But that also I got me thinking,

Is he doing this as a dare?

I am a huge over-thinker through many things that it has prevented me to say yes to anything, though sometimes it made me chose bad decisions.

My mind crossed to how Hermione and Ron would think. They would be disappointed with me, especially Ron when Draco did some bullying in the past between the Weasley's. My mind was trying to pick a side, tempting to say yes to Draco, but it made me think about Harry.

I didn't have a crush on him I believe, but I definitely found him hot. That's it.. right? Feeling butterflies is normal, right? These questions made my stomach sick, that I had to get rid of them.

I took in a large gulp through a lump in my throat, and met his eyes again.

Harry has Ginny. I need to stop thinking about him, it was his fault that I left.

"Yes, sure." I said, nodding as well. He seemed to sigh in relief, as his posture soften a little. I turned my head in confusion, as I stared at him.

"You're not doing this for a dare.. are you?" I questioned nervously, taking a step back, now aware that this could be a set up.

"No!" He said, louder than usual. My head snapped by the sudden outburst, and looked at him strangely. He realized he basically screamed the word out, and he shook his head in shame.

"I'm sorry, I mean no, I'm really new with asking people out-" he stuttered, scratching the back of his neck.

I interrupted him with a chuckle at his rant, which he stopped talking and looked a me with an genuine smile. Maybe it's for the better. Maybe I'll fall in love with him.

«
3rd person POV

As Y/N and Draco were talking, someone else was making a plan. Harry was roaming around the school Halls, trying to find Pansy Parkinson. A fellow Slytherin, close friends with Draco Malfoy. Harry knows Draco is up to something, and he'll use it to destroy their bond. Anything to make Y/N despise him, right? Harry made a turn to the library, until he found her sitting with her friends, laughing with them. His lips curved into a satisfied smirk, as he made his way towards the table.
»

"Pansy." Harry said, as he was in front of the girls. Two girls were in each of the sides of Pansy.

Pansy looked up at him, her smile disappearing into a frown.

"What do you want?"

"I came to talk to you" He eyes averted to the two friends, "-alone." He concluded.

Pansy looked at the two friends, sending them looks of confusion.

"Why would I come with you?" Pansy snarled, as she crossed her arms, standing up.

"You wouldn't want the professors knowing you changed your OWL scores, do you?" Harry said, in a voice that dripped sarcasm as he tilted his head to the right.

Pansy's eyes widened at the information he knows about the scores, as she looked around her, back at Harry.

"How did you-"

"That doesn't matter, does it? Now, come with me."

Pansy hesitated, and sent the girls a look, before going with Harry.

The two rounded up into a hallway, until Harry pushed Pansy into a wall, with a wand up her throat.

She gasped at the sudden outburst, and struggled to move.

"Now, I'm going to say this one time..." Harry said, dangerously. Pansy, looked at him like if he was a crazy lunatic.

"Why is Draco asking Y/N to the Yule Ball?"

Pansy turned her head away, gulping.

"I'm not telling you crap! It's not any of your beeswax, Potter."

This angered Harry, as Pansy was refusing to answer his question.

His wand was now slowly touching Pansy's skin on her neck, as she gasped even more.

"You don't want to be turned into a little ferret, do you?" Harry threatened.

Pansy was lightly shaking due to the wand at her neck, that she had no choice but to answer.

"T-the Slytherins dared Draco to go out with an Gryffindor to the Yule Ball, and he had happened to say Y/N!" Pansy explained, breathing heavily as she shut her eyes shut.

As for Harry, he took in the information Pansy told him, and smiled to himself.

"Wasn't so hard, was it?" He said, letting go of Pansy.

Pansy heavily sighed, her tense posture relaxed, as she held her neck, looking at Harry with disbelief.

"You're crazy!"

With that, she ran away. Far from Harry, to her friends back at the library.

Harry would've shot something back at her, but he didn't care what she called him.

All he knows is that he won.