0032 • Denial

"I think we should split up."

The words that poured our of my mouth left us into an awkward, yet painful silence. The sound of the light flickering among us was the only noise their was in the room.

We stood still, a foot apart from each other while we stared.

"Are you serious?.." He bitterly chuckled, his arms tightening.

No, happy late April Fools!

"Yes, Harry. Our relationship is toxic, can't you see? I think it's best-best if we go out separate ways and find actual love." I admitted, my arms crossed. I wanted a happy relationship, not an on and off one. Sure, my feelings for Harry never changed, but I didn't want to keep going if it was always going to end up with me and him fighting.

Again, the silence thrilled around the air before he finally spoke:

"Fine." He stated.

Fine?

I looked at him, and chewed my lip before nodding. The sad feeling inside my stomach erupted, making me feel sick. Stop it, Y/N. You wanted it this way.

I hitched my breath slightly,

"Okay." I managed to say, fiddling with the ends of my coat.

That was easy.

"But you'll regret it."

I was about to say more, but he quickly brushed past my shoulder and left the room, leaving me alone.

I looked to the side, my eyebrows furrowing.

I'll regret it? No I won't!

Will I?

No, I won't!

My brain swarmed a lot of thoughts that it caused me to get dizzy. I shook my head, and headed out of the room.

Well, this was going to spread around hogwarts.

••• ••• ••• •••

A day went by, and the news erupted in Hogwarts.

The break-up between me and Harry had spread across Hogwarts.

Of course it did, he was the chosen one so it was a big deal.

Many questions were asked about it, and it quite bothered me as I tried to ignore them. But people were too ignorant to give me space.

"Who broke it off first?!" A noisy Hufflepuff said, catching up to me.

I rolled my E/C, and looked at the 5th year.

"Me. I did."

"Why did you break up with him?!" They pressed on, as we crossed over to the dormitory area. By this point, I was getting highly frustrated.

"Reasons that can't be explained." I said annoyingly, reaching my dorm.

"But-"

"But bye." I shut the door on their face, not accepting anymore questions from them.

One of the people was of course, Hermione.

"You— and him broke up?" Hermione asked me, while we were in our dorm.

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"It just—" I paused, as I heavily sighed. My finger was circling my hand as I looked up.