Chapter 2

Aimen POV

"Ammi just give me 5 more minutes and I'll be right in front of you" I shouted from my bedroom who wouldn't stop calling me.

Sliding my feet into my favorite pair of heels I looked one last time in the mirror adoring myself for sometime I went hurriedly downstairs.

"Sorry ammijaan " kissing on her cheek I said knowing she her anger will melt down easily.
"Aimen when will you grow up?" She asked once we were seated in the car.
"Kabhi nhi ammi, it is what makes me the  Aimen " I said in a chirpy tone.
"Badmaash" she adoringly pressed a forehead kiss.
"Its because of you we are late or else we would have been in the venue with everyone. Just because of your heels which you forget to pack " ammi said.

Soon we reached the venue in some time, the driver dropped us , as we were heading towards the venue I remembered I forgot to get my purse which had my phone.
"Ammi, you go in I will go and get my purse from the car" saying I went towards the parking area.
Thankfully the driver was there itself,  I took my purse from the backseat.
Slowly walking towards the entrance, I heard my name.

"Aimen" a gruff voice called me.
Turning over to the source of gruff voice.

"Hey, Aimen how are you?" It was Jack from my class. I honestly didn't expected him to be here.
"Hey Jack, I'm good. Pleasant suprise, how are you here?" I honestly lack the ability to control my curiosity.
"Me, my brother is zayd friend so I tag along with him"he said.
"Cool and so far how is the experience of a desi wedding " I asked. This is probably the first desi wedding he's attending.
"Its fun, I see a lot of food which I certainly need to try " he responded.

Jack have great sense of humor. During the classes, he would always crack up jokes to make the atmosphere lighter. We were busy chatting when I heard khadoos calling me.
From the tone ,I could say he was fuming, turning around to face him, I put my best innocent smile and faced him. I always give this expression to ammi when I'm in trouble.

"Yes, how may I help you?" I very sweetly spoke to him ignoring the glare he was sending to Jack.
"Everyone been calling you, its time for nikkah and here you are " completely showing his disappointment.
I mentally smacked myself for being such a forgetful person, saying my goodbye to Jack I marched inside with khadoos coming behind.
Taking big steps towards the stage, I lost my balance as I twisted my leg. Out of reflex to save myself I forwarded my hands to grab something from falling. Getting nothing to grab myself I let myself freely fall. It was like the time was passing in nanoseconds.
And I waited for the impact to come but I guess I was lucky enough as I didn't feel any pain.

When this clicked my mind,  I felt two warm hands on my waist and on shoulder, with the speed of light I turned around to see the hands of the intruder, to see Mr. Khadoos. When I looked at him I was lost in the intensity of emotions his eyes held.
His face didn't gave any expression but once you look in his eyes, there's a havoc of them.
And I was trying to decipher it. Our gaze were locked with eachother. The surroundings have vanished from us,it was just us at the moment.

Before I could understand his feelings and mine, he snapped out breaking the spell.
"Sorry " we both said at the same time, retracting our hands to ourselves. And I rushed over to Sarah appi.

Alhamdulilah the nikkah went smoothly, without any chaos . There was something which was nagging me through the ceremony was someone's constant gaze on me. I could literally feel his gaze on me all the time.  I brushed it off thinking it is my imagination.

The function ended soon and we headed out to bade chachu's house to welcome our bhabhi. Zayd bhai was really very considerate towards appi" Masha Allah "
May Allah swt protect them from every evil eyes. Although it was decided that they would be going in their car but zayd bhai was too tired to drive so Rayyan bhai had to be the chauffeur to them.