Chapter 5

Aimen POV

The past few weeks were hectic and busy. The project is almost completed. My visits to Mr tabish Ali office has increased as he insisted to project the meetings at his office.

"So Aimen what are your plans for future" tabish asked. "Continue what I'm doing and get a few promotions here and there in a while" I replied. A while back we have  finished a meeting and my colleagues have gone back. Even I was to head back to office but Mr Ali insisted on staying as he had certain pointers to discuss.

"Am not talking about your professional career Aimen. I meant any plans for settling down any time soon" he asked with seriousness plastered on his face. 
"Aren't you being too friendly with me?" I retorted back. "Miss Khan are you forgetting our friendship that just started. I'm hurt" he dramatically responded.  I couldn't help but remember the day this friendship started or  so I thought.

Flashback

Today was my second presentation for the project. I was little less anxious than the last time as I thoroughly went over the data and building the confidence in me.

Everyone gathered around in the board room and all the executives and heads took their seat. Baba have also joined us for this certain meeting. I wanted this meeting to go perfect.

Soon the meeting started and I was able to complete my presentation without any stuttering . When the meeting completed only us and tabish were present in the room.  Me and bhai were discussing when a sound breaking of a glass to be precise broke our conversation.  We turned to look and Mr Ali was holding baba tightly who was on the verge of passing out.

Throwing our files on the table me we rushed to them. Bhai and Mr Ali made baba to sit on the chair and sprinkled some water while I rushed towards my bag to get some chocolate. When I came back baba was looking slightly better and I handed him the chocolate , probably it was his low blood sugar levels that he passed out as this is the second time it has happened.

The first one was at home we found him passed out in his room and we all.were scared for our life as we didn't know what might have happened. All left a sigh of relief when the doctor informed the reason and it was majorly not serious but adviced to be always present around him.

"Are you fine baba?" I sat in the chair beside baba . He was looking really pale. "I'm fine bacha don't get so worried. Tabish just caught me in time so I didn't hit my head on the table." Baba spoke gently patting my head." Thank you Mr Ali "me and bhai said simultaneously.

"Don't thank me mr. Khan . I was glad I could help on time. " he said politely. I didn't speak any further but I was really glad as he saved baba who is the most important person in my life. " beta tabish come home for dinner tonight a little gratitude from my side and I won't take a no " baba said to him who agreed reluctantly.

That night the dinner went good . Mr Ali lifted up the spirit of dinner sharing quite a few memorable stories of his life. It was really astonishing to know that he set up his own business so well without any back support. He also shared he was an orphan,  the pain in his eyes and the lack of parents love was clearly been visible in his eyes.

From that day on, I couldn't help myself from noticing his behavior everytime we meet. He is very passionate about his work,he will be so immersed in his work that he won't notice the surroundings even when someone would put high volume music.