Chapter 14

Aimen POV

It was around 11 when we reached chachu's house. Sarah appi and zayd bhai drove us . When we reached home, chachi and chachu warmly welcomed me. The teasings, the games we played during the bhai's and zayd bhai wedding were absent, which I was grateful .

Sarah appi and chachi then escorted me to Rayyan room.

The bedroom I used to know is now completely transformed

The bedroom I used to know is now completely transformed. As far as I remember, it was in the shades of blues and green's and now its has this subtle aura with this off white decor.

(Ignore my lack of knowledge in color. Your author is dumb😅)

The room was decorated in hydrangeas and Rose's nothing over the top , just to perfect.
My stomach flipped with seeing all these. I didn't say anything about it as, everything was being done according to me , if they want to do something I will not complain.

I was told to occupy my space on the bed and Sarah appi also left the room. My fingers took hold of one of the Rose's set on the side table and like that I started to take out each petal , a nervous habit of mine.
I was on my second rose dismantling it when Rayyan entered the room.

The sherwani he was wearing is off ,as he was only adorned in white kurta pajama. He had his sherwani in his hand, he went and hanged it in the closet. He then came towards the bed and sat at a comfortable distance from me.
"Are you okay?" He asked after a whole minute of silence.
"Alhamdulilah I'm good " I told my voice hoarse. He got up and he poured a glass of water for me.

These kind of gestures are solicitous. I took hold of the glass and gulped down the whole content, making me know how thirsty I was. "Thank you " saying I kept the glass on the side table.

"You must be tired, you can change in here or bathroom, sarah have already hanged your clothes. " he went towards the balcony.
I slowly got up and marched my way to the closet.

I took a maxi out which was full sleeved. I was going towards the bathroom when Rayyan spoke, " Aimen you were looking absolutely breathtaking today." He gave a small smile. Feeling shy all of a sudden I dashed in the bathroom.

It took a while for me to come out. I came out but he wasn't here . A gloomy dark shadow could be seen from the room present in the balcony .

I hung my clothes in the closet and went towards to the balcony. The moment I stepped in , a cold gush of wind hit me, refreshing me and taking my exhaustion away.

The wind was breezy, with a hint of scent of rain. I'm sure it is going to rain. He stood at the railing looking at the moon intensely. The moon light shining on his face, making him look like a star in the sky. He looked serene, calm yet a havoc going on his mind.

"Rayyan" I called him . He looked at my way , forwarding his hand to me. It took time, for me to comprehend. He was retracting his hand back when I slid my palm in his. The same warmth filled me. The tingles again dancing in my body.

"Are you okay?" He asked taking  us to the seat present.

(I know this is too much but I loved it)

"Aimen I need you to be as comfortable in this relationship. I know it will take time for you to settle in the feeling of being married again . All I know is you deserve a ton of happiness in this world. I promise to be your side each time when you need anyone" he spoke in tone which was dripping with honesty caring, gentle and hundreds of emotions in it.

I squeezed his hand back," Rayyan thank you for your support. I know you will be by my side, and very much appreciate it. Like I said earlier I will try my best to work this out."

"Aimen, what I'm going to say may sound rude or might even hurt you but I need a promise from you,..." he behold my eyes to his. I blinked my eyes in assurance that I will hold his  promise to with my heart.

"I want you....no....I need you how do I say this.. there will be times when you would think about tabish... and I'm completely aware of it' natural. But I want you to never compare me to him. I know you would never deliberately compare us, but try your best not to. There will be things that I'm not good at and hard to handle but I will try my best to keep you happy." He ushered in pure  honesty.

I couldn't stop myself from hugging him. He was clearly taken aback from this. "I'm really grateful to have you with me....genuinely am" I mumbled in his embrace.

We sat like that for some and then retired to bed. He have asked me a thousand times if I was comfortable with him sleeping on the same bed, and I assured it was okay. We slept on some distance. The bed was huge for 2 people. My slumber was broken when I heard my alarm.

I looked at the clock to find its fajr time. I looked at my side to see Rayyan still sleeping. I went in the washroom and freshen up and did my wudhu. Then I went near the Rayyan to wake him up. I for know he is a heavy sleeper. It literally took me 5 minutes to wake him up.

We then prayed him leading the Salah. After that we hit the bed again. The next time I woke up was by Rayyan. It was almost 11 . My eyes popped out wide seeing the time. Rayyan laughed out loud seeing my expressions.

I was out of the room in 10 minutes. The fastest that I have ever been. We came downstairs to find everyone seated. We said our greetings to them. Chachi lead us to the dining table. She informed it was only us who needed to have breakfast.

After our breakfast we joined everyone in the living room. Zayd bhai had some work so he was going somewhere, when at the same time Rayyan volunteered to go along with him. My eyes met his. I didn't wanted him to go.

I abruptly got up and went towards our room. I was pacing around the room trying to calm my heart which was beating so fast as if I ran a marathon. I tried to relax myself  but nothing was working. I know it's one of my anxiety attack, I just need to concentrate on my breathing, but that felt like a difficult task to accomplish.

At the same time, rayyan entered the room, seeing my disheveled self he rushed towards me and brushed my hair away from my face and took deep breaths with me. My hands in his one hand and the other  hand he had keep it on my back rubbing soothing circles .

It took 2 minutes to relax myself but that felt like eternity.
"Please don't go leaving me alone....." cry broke  from my lips.
"I'm here with you.." he held me in his arms fighting my inner demons.

*******

Author's note:

Heyy Assalamualikum everyone.

Hope you all have enjoyed the chapter.

I feel bad for Aimen.

Share your thoughts and opinions about it.

Vote and comment the chapter you liked.

Do follow me on Instagram:joyous_soul24

Stay safe,

Love,
Joyous soul