Chapter 6

Aimen POV

To say I was shocked would be an understatement I was stupefied at the purpose of his visit. My eyes were glued on him and I was trying to understand his emotions or what is the reason for putting forth such thing.

Our gaze met for a mere seconds and he averted his gaze, that's when baba spoke, "Aimen tabish wants to talk to talk to you, Ahad will accompany both of you to the lawn". My first instinct was to run away to my room with my niece's and nephew and forget what is happening, but bhai wrapped an arm around my shoulder and silently whispered,  "chalein?  ( let's go?)" I looked at baba, ammi , aapi and bhabhi who all just nodded at me.

Taking small tortoise steps I went in the backyard. It was really awkward and bhai being the most understandable person, moved a little further away from us to give us a tiny bit if privacy. The moment bhai went tabish spoke, " I know Aimen there must be a lot of questions that are arising in your mind, I'll try to answer all the best of I can. "

"Why this proposal, all of a sudden we don't even know eachother, at the very least you could do was to inform me before hand?" I meekly responded.

"Aimen this is not an impromptu plan that I did. The past few weeks I've been deeply thinking about all this. After you said that you weren't comfortable with me I honestly tried my best to maintain my distance as well as my thoughts away from you. But my heart wasn't at ease . I felt this indescribable   connection  with you that I've never felt this bond with anyone in my entire life. I want you to be my partner that I've never had, be my family and above all the friend I need.

And yet there is no force from my side. If you ever feel like that I may not be a right person for you for a mili second then you can say no" he spoke in a confident tone yet the need of love, compassion, want could be heard.

All the time he spoke I kept my gaze lowered but the last sentence he spoke caught my attention. I looked at him, whose eyes were casted down to his fingers fidgeting with his watch.

Even I felt a certain bond between us, that was surely not of love but the friendship bond. I liked his personality and his character.  The past few months I've known him, he is a very genuine person. I'm shocked at myself that I'm really considering the proposal . Not wanting to make him wait for too long I spoke," can I take some time to respond back."

"Take all the time in the world you want Aimen, I'll gladly wait and yet again I'm saying please dont feel pressurized about saying the answer whether its positive or negative " saying he got up and went towards bhai and spoke something to him in hushed tone before taking his leave.

I stood there not moving until bhai told me to go in. When I entered the living room, several pair of eyes were looking right at me.
Bhai diverted everyone attention to him and I took this opportunity to slide away in my room with my babies. After coming in my room I was so engrossed with playing with them I didn't realise the time until aapi and bhabhi came and took them for their nap. Mannat who is 3year old,  still a baby for me is very gentle with Aidah and Rayn .
She will definitely be a great sister just like her mother.

I went downstairs when it was time for chachu's to leave after which baba and  ammi called me in their room. Just like the last time baba and ammi reminded me to feel free to make any decisions and always be by my side . Baba many times appreciated tabish time to time. I came back  to my room after an hour.

I thoroughly thought about it and I kinda like him and there was nothing negative I know about him from the time I've known him. So I told my answer as a yes the next day.

Baba invited tabish for a formal dinner to discuss the matter. Literally everyone started teasing me upto no extent. It was mostly aapi and bhai  annoying me , sweet bhabhijaan would always come to my rescue and shush them. Later in the evening, tabish arrived for dinner to set up the marriage date for the Nikah as there was no importance of engagement in Islam.