Fourty

Fourty

"[Name], you tired?" Shisui asked, once you both had landed safely. "Let me know if you're tired alright?"

"I'm not, I've never been more alive actually," you smiled at the handsome male.

He unlocked his door, and you followed suit. The day had slipped past your fingers and night had already fallen. But you weren't complaining because the sky was filled entirely of many million year old, silver stars. You absolutely loved it. The sky was always painted in some sort of beauty. I never even noticed. Maybe that's why Shikamaru loves watching the clouds so much.

The thought soon overwhelmed you with the smell of nostalgia, it seemed to linger in the hauntingly quiet atmosphere. How long since you had last seen your friends? How long since you had last opened a notebook? How long since you had lived a normal life? It was sad, honestly.

"C'mon, we have a long walk ahead," the male spoke up.
"What? Aren't we going home now?" you asked, confused.
"You thought overcoming your fear of heights was the only thing on our list?" he chuckled. "I told you, I'd show you the beauty of life."

You smiled at the male, stopping in your tracks.

Does he know how happy he makes me?

He turned back to see what was holding you back.

Does he know how nice he's been to me?

You pulled the young Uchiha closer to you, pressing your chest against his.

Does he know I'm in love with him?

He then inched in towards you, planting the most purest kiss on your forehead.

"I think I fell more in love with you, [Name]."

* * *

"Shisui! Where the hell are we and why do I have to be blindfolded?" you asked impatiently, for the umpteenth time. "Stop ignoring me!"
"Just a sec," he replied. "Okay, are you ready?"
"Yes!"
"Save that for later."
"What?"
"Nothing, okay I'm taking the blindfold off now."

And soon enough, you felt the silky fabric being taken off of your eyes. Your eyes fluttered open to see this "surprise" Shisui had been talking about. Honestly, he could just be a really convincing serial killer. But much to your pleasure, that wasn't the case. That wasn't the case at all.

"S-Shisui," you managed to utter.

Before you, a lake spread as far as the naked eye could see, lit by the silver light emitting from the moon above. It looked like a magical place where angels bathed.

"Look at the sky, okay?" he asked.
"Okay," you agreed.

After a couple seconds passed, a familiar sound reached your ears. Before you could ask Shisui what it was, the sky lit up. There were fireworks, everywhere- as if the starry sky wasn't already beautiful enough. They exploded into tiny particles of light, spreading joy to your heart. As you watched the fireworks, you forgot where you were entirely, because in that moment you were alive. You were infinite.

Your heart felt calm until suddenly... the sky spoke to you.

"Will you marry me?" the dark sky read, with the help of the fireworks.

You instantly jerked your head towards Shisui, only to find him on the ground, kneeling on both his knees bowing down to you. A simple black, velvet box in his hand. And inside, the single most beautiful piece of rock you had ever seen. A rock yielding the power to bring tears to your sad eyes.

"Shisui.." you gasped, only to be taken by surprise once again.

From all corners of the surrounding land, familiar faces began emerging. Naruto, Sasuke, Kiba, TenTen, Neji, Lee, Sakura, Sai, Ino, Choji, Shikamaru, Hinata and even Shino.

"What the hell? You guys!" you struggled to hold your tears back.
"Don't focus on us! We're here to support Shisui!" Naruto exclaimed, scratching the back of his neck.

Oh right, Shisui!

"Shisui-"
"Marry me, [Name]. I swear to never let your oxygen tank run out, and I'll even carry it for you."

You burst into fits of laughter, while tears of joy began streaming down your hopeful eyes.

"Yes! Infinite times yes!" you cried, as the Uchiha took your left hand in his and slipped the magical rock into your slender finger. "I love you."

You revealed your now heavy ring finger to your dear friends, who cheered and whistled at the sight.

"I wish-"
"Your father was here?" Shisui interrupted for you.
"Yeah, and also all our other friends. I wish they were all here right now, with you and I."
"Your wish is my command," he smiled, sheepishly. "Do you see that yacht?"
"Wait.. is that.. yours?" you asked.
"Yes, we're all going to the island nearby, where my grandma lives. Your father's already there, and so are Itachi and the others."
"Her own island?"
"Yeah silly, she's a nature lover. Like you."
"Wow, I still can't believe you planned all this."
"I did it for my wife."
"Gosh, that sounds so strange."

* * *

After about twenty minutes of passing numerous trees and other houses among the shore, the yacht came to a slow stop. It stopped right in front of a beautiful mansion along the shore, which seemed to be surrounded entirely of trees. Shisui carried you up from the yacht and to the dock, before gently setting you down.

"Alright, here we go," he nervously, took your hand in his. "The boys are gonna hate me forever."
"Oh, shut up!" you jokingly hit your fiance's arm.

My fiancé.

You and Shisui entered the house, as the rest of the large group trailed behind. Shisui unlocked the door and pushed it open only to be greeted by a loud "Surprise!" by all of your other friends. There were balloons, a large banner that read: 'Congratulations!' and even a small puppy came to greet the two of you.

"Shisui is this your puppy?" you questioned the male.
"Yeah, his name's Naruto," Kiba joked, causing everyone to burst into laughter.
"Hey!" Naruto groaned. "You're the one that smells like a dog!"
"[Name], how could you?" Deidara interrupted, walking towards you. "I knew letting you near Shisui was bad. Dammit!"

You gave him, as well as all of Pein's group a warm hug. Everyone was here, you couldn't believe your eyes.

"[Name] I know a good divorce lawyer, in case you wanna leave his ass," Hidan offered. "I'm always here as replacement."
"So childish," Itachi mumbled. "Congratulations Uchiha's."
"Guys, no fighting today okay?" you requested everyone.
"Yeah yeah, I don't pick fights with little kids anyways," Hidan spat, eyeing Kiba.
"Idiot, you're in the same grade," Deidara scolded, slapping Hidan at the back of his head.
"Hey! Barbie, get off my ass!" Hidan groaned in pain.
"Says you who takes two hours to gel your stupid hair," Deidara countered. "Gel hair."
"Unicorn!" Hidan spat.
"Shit mouth!"
"Art freak!"

Konan let out a heavy sigh, "Grandma Uchiha and Mr. [Surname] have baked a cake in the kitchen. Shut up and let's go celebrate."

You smiled at Shisui, who planted a kiss on your cheek. The best day of your life was coming to an end, but with it came the promise of a better future. Promise of happiness, friendships and above all, love.

"This is our life now."
"It sure is a good one."