Thirty five

Thirty Five

"So you named him Zakari?" Konan asked, carefully studying the robotic baby doll.
"Sasuke did, actually," you replied, rubbing soothing circles on the baby's sensitive back.
"That's stupid," Deidara chimed in. "I'd name our kid something more creative. Un!"
"Our?" you questioned, confused.
"Don't look so confused, Princess," the blonde chuckled. "It's gonna happen."

The small classroom, with the exception of Deidara, burst into fits of laughter mostly because it was a ridiculous idea. Deidara was one of your closest friends so there was no way such a thing could ever happen. Even Tobi- the teacher, himself- was struggling to hold in his laughter.

"Alright relax," Deidara rolled his eyes. "Tobi control your class."
"I told you not to call me that in class," the young teacher scolded.

You had learned overtime that Tobi was a good friend of Pein and his group. They would all sometimes hang out after school, and visit art shows and events. By now, you also knew that no matter how intimidating they appeared, each and every one of them were secret softies at heart.

"Keep dreaming blonde Barbie," Hidan yelled at Deidara. "While I make it a reality."
"Actually," Itachi began to speak, matter-of-factly. "You aren't even in the competition, Hidan. And you Deidara, are just wasting your time."
"Huh?" Hidan asked, confused. "What are you talking about Itachi?"

"Yeah," Deidara agreed. "Y/N and I will happen, so say sorry to Sasuke for me in advance."
"Clearly, it will be an Uchiha," the long haired Uchiha continued. "Whomever it is, in the end, she's going to end up with an Uchiha."

The class was tense. The atmosphere was filled with a thick aura of unusualness. Something was really weird.

Is it the fact that Kakashi has been burning a hole through my head with those eyes of his? you asked yourself. Or is it just that I'm simply being too paranoid and overthinking things?

"Y/N," the weasel's silver voice instantly snapped you out of your thoughts. "Why do you think Lady Alexandria keeps pushing Lysander away? Do you think she's being irrational, or even a little foolish maybe?"

He wanted to catch you off guard, but little did he know that you had read the novel plenty of times before. Actually you had even memorized it by heart. The Miscommunicated, you recalled the novel's name.

"Lady Alexandria is right in her decision to reject Lysander," you answered, earning a gasp from a couple of your classmates. "It's not her fault Lysander gave up everything he had for her, she had never asked him to do that. I don't think she's being foolish, I think she deserves to live her life the way she wants to. If Lysander can't accept that, he doesn't have the right to say he loves her."
"But why isn't she speaking to him anymore?" the silver haired teacher urged. "Why does she refuse to even see him? Didn't she love him just as he loved her? Doesn't he deserve an explanation for her sudden aloofness?"
"She has a lot going on in her life right now, Mr. Hatake," you replied, your voice cracking a little. "Maybe Lysander should've been a little more supportive. Maybe Lysander should've asked about her family."
"Didn't she love him?" he asked again, in almost a whisper.

There was a long, thoughtful pause before you finally gave the masked man the answer to his much anticipated question.

"I don't know," you shrugged. "Perhaps, there was a miscommunication between their hearts."

* * *

"I can't believe the nerve he has!" you yelled out in frustration, to no one in particular.

You fiddled with your car keys, unable to unlock the car door because when your mind was jumbled, so were your actions. Thank god Sasuke had agreed to take care of Zakari for the rest of the day because you might've just strangled him. In fact, you were so annoyed that you decided to cut class and head straight to home. It was simply too much right now, for you to deal with people.

"Doesn't he deserve an explanation for her sudden aloofness?" you mimicked your English teacher's ambiguous words. "Explanation my ass. He failed me for not being 'mentally present' in the class? That sounds like a bunch of bullshit he just randomly made up."

You were completely outraged since the weasel hadn't even tried to ask you what was going on in your life. He hadn't once- in the past five months- asked you about your family problems, when he knew very well that you had plenty. For god's sake, did he even know you were about to get married to a man almost 10 years older than you?

When you finally succeeded in unlocking your car door, it was simply too late. You felt a stinge of throbbing pain on the back of your neck- as if something had pricked you- and you soon fell to the ground due to the sudden impact. Your eyelids grew unusally heavy and your eyes slowly began to shut. But right before you fell into the horrid pit of dark oblivion, you saw an awfully familiar smirk.

Such a wicked smirk could only belong to a man as equally as wicked.

Orochimaru.