Twenty-One

Twenty-One

"Y/N? Where's Kimimaro?" Mr. Uchiha asked, noticing that the white haired male wasn't accompanying you like he normally did.

You were now in Art. Your 3rd period class.

The dark room that once gave you goosebumps had surprisingly become a comforting safe haven to you.

"He won't be accompanying me anymore," you answered, taking a seat beside Deidara.
"Well, good," Deidara said. "I don't like that guy."
"Yea, he looks at you weird," Zetsu added. "Like you're something to eat."
​​​​​​"What? I never noticed," you said, slightly confused.

What did Zetsu mean by that?

"You know your favorite teacher Mr. Hatake?" Mr. Uchiha said, walking over to your desk. "He doesn't like Kimimaro either."

You hadn't been able to talk to Mr. Hatake in months, mostly because of Kimimaro. You wondered whether he talked about you with Mr. Uchiha.

"Really? How do you know that?" you ask, looking up at the tall, dark haired art teacher.
"Because we have the same taste," Mr. Uchiha replied with a smirk. "And I don't really like Kimimaro."

You took a moment to think about what he said, but were soon interrupted in the process.

"Y/N we're all going camping this weekend," Itachi informed, sitting down next to you. "Now that Kimimaro's gone, you should join us."

"Yea! Come with us!" Deidara pleaded, excitedly.

"What? I don't know if-"

"Come on, we can finally hang out with you alone," Konan joined in. "It'll be so much fun if you come along."

"Well.. I can't say no to you guys," you replied, blushing as you agreed to join them.

"I can't wait to rub it in Sasori's face that you'll be in my tent. Un!" Deidara said excitedly.

Sasori would be coming as well? Did that mean that Kisame and Kakuzu would also be joining you guys?

"I think the fuck not!" Hidan yelled out from his seat. "She can't tent with kids like you, Deidara. Who'll protect her?"

"Shut up Hidan, you're only a year older than me," Deidara replied, furrowing his brows. "And the only person we need to protect her from, is you."

"Enough. If you scare her then she won't come," Pein stated, putting an end to their childish argument.

"And Y/N," Itachi whispered into your ear. "Don't expect Sasuke to be there."
"I wasn't," you replied.

By now, you knew very well that all though related by blood, Sasuke and Itachi were far from being a family.

* * *

You were now in Gym and Sports, your 9th period class. And it was probably one of your favorite classes because it was very easy to pass and you got to be with almost all of your friends.

Today, Coach Guy said that you'd be playing American football on the outdoor field. You all had your protective gear on, except for a helmet.

The field

You were in Shikamaru's team obviously, with a couple more people

You were in Shikamaru's team obviously, with a couple more people. The only ones you recognized were Temari and Shikamaru himself. You were playing against Lee's team which consisted of Kankuro, Shisui, Naruto and some other people you didn't know. From what you had seen during previous games, they were the most competitive team with the most competitive players. You'd have to be careful.

On the bleachers, cheering, were the rest of people in your class. Sakura, Sai, Sasuke, Ino, Neji, TenTen, Kiba, Shino, Choji, Hinata and Gaara. They were talking among themselves until the game officially started.

"Alright!" Coach Guy yelled out to the teams. "Shikamaru's team will play offense, Lee will play defense. We'll only play for 2 Quarters and the one who wins today will play on Monday against Neji's team. Got it?"
"Yes Coach!"
"Good. Youth shall prevail! Let's begin!"

The team huddled in to discuss what positions each one would play. Shikamaru ended up picking you to be the wide receiver because your speed was apparently your best athletic quality. He'd be the Quarterback and so on.

The game had begun and everyone was sitting on the edge of their seat, watching the players intently. You on the other hand, only paid attention to the ball and its direction. Once it came flying to you, you jumped up in the air to grab it and when you did, you began running. You constantly switched directions to throw off the players in the other team, and soon enough you were seconds away from reaching the end zone and scoring a touchdown.

You heard your friends cheering but you couldn't let anything distract you at this point. Stay focused, you told yourself. Your lungs were slowly starting to give up from all that running but you couldn't stop now.

3 seconds away.

2 seconds-

In the blink of an eye, your body was pushed down to the floor and a stinging sensation of pain began to take over your shoulder.

What the hell? What the hell just happened?

You looked up to find everyone begin to surround you. Until a figure soon pushed past them to get to you.

"Coach- Oh, Mr. Uchiha?" you say, confused.

You tried to get back up but the minute you did, you fell back down. The pain on shoulder was spreading all throughout your body by now. You couldn't even move your arm.

"Y/N?" you heard Shisui yell. "Are you okay?"

"Everybody move back," your art teacher's firm voice soon took over the field.

His voice was much more deeper and demanding now, more so than ever before. He looked somewhat angry, which was also quite strange. You had never seen this side of him.

"You dislocated your shoulder," he informed. "Close your eyes. I'm going to pop it back in."
"We should take her to the nurse," you heard Shisui's voice say in the midst of the crowd.
"No, it needs to be treated right away and the nurse would just take too long to come out here in the field," Mr. Uchiha said, his eyes never leaving yours.

You closed your eyes and nodded, giving him the okay to do what he needed to do. As he took your wrists in his hands, preparing to pop your shoulders back in place, you tried to think of other things to distract you. Like: what was your art teacher doing here? How did he even get here so quickly?

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe-

"There," he said, his hand now beginning to trail up to your face.

He was done? But you didn't even feel a thing. He then gently caressed your cheek with his thumb, which lasted only for a split second until he got back up on his feet. He looked down at you and gave you a small smile before mumbling something that only you could hear.

"Klutz."