21: SYN-Touch Me

I was so fine-tuned in on Greyson's hard thigh pressed to mine in the packed Uber ride home that I barely registered the group make out session happening in front of my eyes.

To distract me, even though I was already very much so, Greyson presented his two hands to me, face down.

"Slaps?" he asks, and I put mine face up under his.

"I'm not one to turn down an opportunity to wreck you in a game and be able to slap you in the process," I grin, quickly bringing my hands around to smack his before he could pull away.

We cracked up while the impending orgy halted, focusing in on us like they'd much rather not miss out on the fun.

I wonder why Greyson didn't want to bring anyone home to christen his new tattoo. It's not like he didn't have any willing and able contenders. I wasn't the only one warding off horny college students tonight.

The chill car ride helped cool me down, but I still decided to shower before bed since we danced and sweat and I was pushed against a sticky bar and licked.

When I walk out of the bathroom in just a towel, Greyson, who's sitting on the bed, looks up from his phone with a mix of emotions. Shock and a little bit of lust, maybe? His brows pinch together in a scrutinizing glare and I try not to look at his gorgeous face for too long. People are frightened by his hard looks, but I find them spellbinding.

"You were in there for like, five seconds," he observes, sitting up at the edge of the California king. "Who showers that fast?"

"I was excited to go to sleep," I deadpan, and he shakes his head at me with a quirk of his lip.

"You are so fucking cute."

I dip my head to hide my rosy cheeks and walk toward his dresser to grab a change of clothes. I love that he lets me wear his stuff.

"I can't guarantee my shower will be as quick, but feel free to fall asleep while I'm in there. I won't bother you when I get out."

He flashes me the most heart-jumping smile before sauntering to the bathroom and closing the door. As I listen to the water turn on, the heavy pressure of it splashing down on the elegant stone floor, that forbidden thought crosses my mind yet again.

I'm dying to see what Greyson looks like in his full, naked glory.

Would it cross all friend boundaries if I just barged into the bathroom, acting like I forgot something in there, but snuck a quick peak? Would it be even worse if I just walked in without explanation? Would he totally freak on me for invading his personal space?

Yeah, it would, and he would. And then he might think I'm desperate for him like every other hopeless girl is, and I don't want him treating me any differently than he does now. But then again, I didn't hear the click of the door locking when he went in...

Screw it. I'm a little tipsy and super curious. I'm sure I can use that as my excuse.

With just the small, white towel wrapped around me and my wet hair dripping down my back, I hesitantly walk toward the door, my heart galloping in anticipation.

"Grey?" I call out softly, half-hoping he won't hear me over the running water. But he does.

"Syn."

He says my name calmly, like he knows exactly what's going on. Reading body language is one thing, but this man can practically read my thoughts, even through a closed door.

I take a shaky breath and brace myself as I open the unlocked door.

Our eyes find each other like they always do, like they were meant to be locked together. His are light and knowing, encouraging even, whereas mine are wide and curious, unsure. Our gazes stay locked as I stand in the doorway, holding my towel tight to me as the steaming water runs down his tanned skin, but I refuse to let my eyes leave his.