32: GREYSON-Taking It

After dessert and a painfully awkward cigar session that Dad made me and my brothers sit through, I decided to end the off night on a high note. On a small, private path to the water, we have a hidden hot tub that I was not supposed to know about, but used to go in all the time as a teenager. It has the best view of the stars and the moonlit water, and I wanted Syn to experience one of my happy places growing up.

Giggling like camp kids sneaking out in the middle of the night, Syn and I run down the icy path and strip to our underwear before climbing into the warmth of the hot tub.

You'd think by now I'd be used to seeing Syn without clothes, but there's no way I could look at her without my balls drawing up and my heart racing like I'm a boy seeing boobs for the first time.

"C'mere," I beckon her onto my lap, resting one arm around her waist and the other on her thigh.

"Wow, Greyson," she whistles as she drops her head back on my shoulder, exploring the stars through the steam of the tub. "I would have died to have a place like this to run away to."

I kiss her wet cheek before joining her and letting my thoughts go to the stars.

"I wish I knew you sooner." I absently stroke her bare thigh under the water. "I would have snuck you out every night to watch the stars. I'd save you cookies and be excited for you when you got a good grade." She plants her feet on my thigh to hug her knees and curl into my chest. "I would have beat the shit out of your uncle and his friends. It would have been good practice for my throwing arm."

She lets out a small breath, nuzzling into my neck. "I'm glad I know you now." She presses her soft lips to my jaw.

We sit in a peaceful silence for a while. I haven't really felt whole since Mom passed, and I know it sounds cliché, but Syn fucking completes me. There is no one else for me.

As if listening to my thoughts, Syn lifts herself up and straddles her legs on either side of me, resting her elbows on my shoulders, running her hands eloquently through my hair. She sets her forehead to mine.

"Thank you for bringing me home, Grey." Her whisper tickles my lips. "It takes courage and a hefty set of balls to be your own person. Especially to be confident enough in yourself to come back and try to maintain a relationship with your family." She kisses the corner of my mouth, then the other. "God, I'm lucky to have you."

Those are the last words she uttered before brushing the most delicate, soul-melting kiss on my lips. She sets the gentle pace and controls the kiss, softy pulling my hair to angle my head, squeezing her thighs around mine to tell me she wants more.

My hands brush up her thighs and briefly grab her perfect ass before gliding up her ribs, her spine, the back of her neck. I move one hand to caress her jaw while the other one fastens firmly around her bare waist, pressing her completely to me.

Her tongue is like a delicate spark that moves dexterously around mine, causing every nerve-ending to waken. So when she lifts her head, I almost whimper in protest.

"Never stop kissing me," I demand in a desperate plea, my voice thick with arousal and emotion.

"Grey."

"Syn."

"I want you," she breathes, her eyes blazing with desire, saying the three words every man dreams of... Except they scare me as much as they excite me.

She can clearly see the contemplation in my eyes, which is why she adds, "I'm hooked on you, Greyson. You, not sex. There's no one else who could make me feel the way you do."