prologue

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"hey! wake up!"

i slowly opened my eyes, and came face to face with my father. my eyes dropped and i got back onto my feet. the blood dripping into my eyes off my forehead indicated i had been attacked.

i sighed and carried myself over to my father, who upon my regaining of consciousness, began to walk away.

my father, ryomen sukuna, or better known as the 'king of curses', wasn't a pleasant man. anyone who crossed paths with him had rotten luck, as they would surely leave that path as a ghost. he was a vile and cruel man, who enjoyed chaos and destruction as much as a child enjoys candy and ice cream.

with the way this man was, nobody would have ever thought he'd have met a woman who loved him, even more so that he would reciprocate those feelings to the point of procreating.

the woman was a human.

upon giving birth to the child, the woman died, leaving the weight of the world on her precious child's shoulders.

sukuna was devastated, partially blaming himself for not turning her into a curse sooner. but he was left with her offspring, their child.

y/n sukuna.

instead of trying to raise the child in the correct way, like most would do, he took out any and every frustration of his only lover's death on what he claimed to be the cause of it all. every harsh word, every cruel punishment, went to the poor half breed who was forced into this cruel world, the weight of death, blood, and cruelty all she knows.

her mother being human and her father being a curse, put her in quite the unique situation. she ended up being a half breed, a quite rare phenomenon, as most would have either died or became one or the other. she looked like your average human, but thanks to her father and mother's combined abilities, her cursed energy potential flowed further and beyond anyone.

sukuna wasn't an idiot, he was aware of the potential his child had, and he was aware of the way his late wife would have wanted him to treat their child. but he couldn't bring himself to remember those things whenever he saw her face. her face resembled her mother's more and more everyday, as if taunting him. he couldn't stand it, and in those moments of rage did things he wished he could take back. even the cruel king of curses had experienced love before, and he had done nothing to deserve or earn it. so what of this child, who had done no wrong but been born in this unjust world, what of the cruelties she's been forced to endure simply because he couldn't control his emotions well enough? what of this child who has never experienced love simply due to the lack of emotional support from her father?

he knew what he was doing was wrong, he knew she deserved the same love and joy that his wife had undeservingly brought onto him.

but he couldn't. he wasn't that type of man. so he tried showing his affection in the ways he could, the occasional comfort, sticking by her side whenever he could, supporting her in fights and threatening anyone who posed a threat to him or her. of course he also yelled at her when she made mistakes, hit her for slowing him down, and trained her ruthlessly. he didn't want her to die just the way that his child's mother did.

to her, she could see that he did care. but that small sense of care and warmth she received was blanketed and buried by all the negativity and cruelty she faced by simply making a mistake. an ordinary father would correct the child, gently informing them of the error and telling them how to correct it. however, sukuna wasnt an ordinary man. he would ruthlessly harm her and yell at her for the smallest of errors, ones that perhaps even a skilled sorcerer wouldn't have noticed, and didn't inform her of the correct way to do it, instead leaving her to figure it out.

each day, consisting of the occasional affection, followed by the ruthless training and gruelling effort in order to make her reach her potential, and exceed it. she trained day in and day out, until one day,

she woke up, and her father was gone.

she had grown accustomed to voiding herself of any emotions, learning from her father's beatings that emotions only led to more punishments. but in this moment, silent panic and fear rose in her throat, visible in her eyes, as she frantically looked around for him, hoping that she hadn't been abandoned like he had countlessly threatened to.

for the first time in nearly 70 years, the girl shed a tear. followed by another, until streams fell down her face as though it were the streams of a river. they fell to the floor and yet, as the tears fell, her face showed no emotion. the tears indicated some type of pain, yet her eyes and face remain void.

as minutes turned to hours and hours turned to days, she gave up hope of her father returning to her.

she got up and moved on in search of him, not to rejoin him or to harm him, but to simply question him.

why?

why had he left her behind?

was she really that useless to him? she had thought she was making decent progress, but she supposed not then.

as time passed, the trees she grew up around aging, and the dirt beneath her growing older and older, she seemed trapped in time. due to her unique parental situation, she didn't age physically. but thanks to the man she called her father, she didn't age mentally either. still trapped in her memories of when she was at the young age of 90, (young for a curse), sitting by the tree as she shed empty tears. wondering.

she roamed the earth, searching for her father. hundreds of years passed by, and she only heard of he rumours that her father left behind, "the king of curses", they'd say. they'd call her the "princess of curses", given her father and her unique abilities. her name became legend, her reputation one built off fear.

but unaware of this all, she continued in her pursuit of locating her father, hoping to finally ask the question that bared her mind for nearly a thousand years.

why, father?