8

as mahito registered the crucial detail that had his life hanging by a very thread, his eyes widened and he felt that familiar feeling of fear, and his pulse increasing in his chest, the throbbing of his heart ringing in his ears.

as you continued to ignore the presence of the special grade you had encountered earlier, you explained more about domains to junpei. you were careful with your words, however.

this special grade was fairly new, very evidently, and so you assumed that it couldn't use domain expansion yet. you didn't want to help it achieve that level of power in any way, as that power was reserved for those who were actually powerful.

you knew your way around jujutsu better than anyone in history. having been taught by your father, who understood it better than you did, and learning through the knowledge of those teachings, further expanded your knowledge about ways to use cursed energy.

therefore, you were able to teach junpei how to gain a feel for his cursed energy. he was able to use it perfectly within the same hour.

of course, he still had no idea how to use a technique or how to maintain his cursed energy, but he knew how to manifest his cursed energy and how to detect the differences in his emotions and how they played even small roles in his flow of cursed energy.

as mahito stood in the corners of your domain, you continued explaining domain expansion to junpei.

"so every technique is guaranteed to hit in a domain?" junpei asked in disbelief.

"yes! you are a very bright student, junpei!" you said with a smile, lightly rubbing his head.

junpei's eyes slightly widened as no teacher had ever told him that before. every teacher he had ever had always ignored him,

but not y/n.

he smiled at you, before urging you to continue speaking.

as you continued to speak, mahito made the assumption that you had somehow not noticed him, as you failed to react to his presence.

he tried to quietly get up from his uncomfortable leaning position he had taken against a building before being trapped within your domain, and had remained frozen from fear.

as soon as he made a sound, you were next to him within a moment.

he did a double take as it seemed like you had just vanished from next to junpei to right in front of him, as junpei, also clearly bewildered, frantically looked around for his teacher.

he found her pointing her sharp fingernail into the neck of the curse he had been following from the movie theatre.

junpei watched in silent bewilderment as you said nothing, but mahito's eyes widened as he was seemingly pushed to the floor into a kneeling position, and because you hadn't moved your hand, when he went down to kneel, his throat was sliced open, leaving blood to slide down his neck.

"idle transfigur-"

before mahito could finish what he was saying, he was promptly shut up by having your nails dig into his face as you grabbed it and forced it to look up at you.

you looked at his face from one side to another, before throwing his face back down and away from you.

"how pathetic. and we're both special grades?" you scoffed.

as you directed the second star which junpei stood upon to come nearer to you, the planets off in the distance of your domain reached closer and closer, until the cursed energy radiating off them nearly burned the two others in your domain alive.