ONE .

Imperial Palace ·

" She comes from Russia, beautiful red hair and dazzling green eyes!"

A lady compliments my features, whose name I learned was Cennet.

My name is Benetta Ivanov, I was sold to the Imperial Palace because my father is a terrible drunk and it was the only way to pay off his debt fully without dying.

I only arrived a day ago and this palace is already torture, all the girls look at me weirdly, and some and laugh at my appearance!

All the other concubines go all go on and on about how handsome the sultan is but I doubt it, he must be a terrible, cruel, ugly, man if he has taken me from my home.

"She is indeed beautiful," a lady who is wearing fancy clothing with the most beautiful emerald ring on her finger, something I could never afford surely.

I stare at the floor too nervous to look up, "please let me go home, " I softly say, "speak up girl! " Cennet slaps my arm roughly, "you are in the presence of the great Safiye Sultan! "

I lift my head quickly and I dash over to Safiye Sultan, I grab onto her gown tightly, "please free me, please I need to go home! " I beg as tears began to form in my eyes and fall down my cheeks.

"You stupid girl! " Cennet pulls me from Safiye Sultan's gown, "why must you be so disobedient! " she shouts yanking my hair back, I give up and fall to the ground sobbing, " please I don't belong here! "

I hear a chuckle from Safiye Sultan, "You belong to the imperial palace little girl, you will learn our customs and follow our rules!" She calmly says, "and if you're lucky enough the Sultan might notice you! "

"I just want to return to my family! "
I shout loudly only making her angry, Safiye Sultana jumps up from her seat and yanks me by my hair, "Stop being so stupid! Your family sold you because they clearly don't love you! " Safiye lets my hair go pushing me back a bit.

I look at the floor with tears filling my eyes..

She's right... No family that truly loved their child would give them away just to pay off their debt.. perhaps this palace won't be so bad...

"Cennet get the girl cleaned up and if she gets her act together she might be able to have dinner!" Safiye sits back in her seat angrily, "Yes my Sultana. " Cennet bows pulling me roughly out the room.

____

All the girls point and whisper as they watch me as I sit in sorrow dumping water on my head.

" Let me help you," A kind-looking girl comes over to me and grabs the tin pan out of my hand, " Thank you, " I softly say