SEVEN .

____

I smile as I listen to Ahmed tell me stories of his childhood.

"I'm guessing you miss your father, " I say as I take a bite out of some bread,
Ahmed's smile drops, "my father was not a cheerful person like most say he was..." Ahmed looks down.

I smile softly and I move closer to his side and I run my hands through his hair getting his attention immediately, "you are not your father Ahmed, you are always cheerful, and kind, and of course you're handsome!" I giggle.

Ahmed smiles, "my sweet Zeynep,  always keeping me happy, loving me not because im the sultan but loving me because im me, " he grins, Ahmed kisses my forehead before standing up.

My eyes widen, I jump up from my seat, and I rush over to Ahmed wrapping my arms around his waist, "My sultan! Don't leave me, " I whine like a child.

Ahmed sighs frustratedly, "Zeynep I have to go deal with state matters, we've been in here for days!" He exclaims pulling my arms off of his body, I groan crossing my arms over my chest.

"Go back to the harem, " Ahmed says as I begin to put on my gown, "I will be too busy to see you tonight, " he sighs turning to me.

I nod my head walking over to him, I wrap my arms around his neck.
Ahmed kisses my nose before pulling away, "you can go now Zeynep, " he chuckles.

I smile as I grab my robe leaving the main chambers.

____

As im walking back to the harem I get stopped by Cennet Kalfa.

"Safiye Sultan wants to speak to you, " she whispers in my ear nervously.

I place my hands on my hips smirking, "it's about time, "

Cennet Kalfa goes over everything I should do and say when arriving in Safiye Sultans chambers.
Once we arrive and the Agha's open the door I'm fully aware of what women Safiye is and what should do.

When walking into the room a white cat walks by my legs rubbing on my leg just a bit.

I giggle a bit before I walk fully into the room. Once im in front of Safiye Sultan I bow respectfully, keeping my eyes on the floor waiting for the signal to lift my head.

"I've heard from a little birdy that my grandson gave you the name Zeynep," I hear Safiye speak in a low but strong voice.

There are actually many tales of the great Safiye Sultan. How she's more powerful than the great Hurrem in some ways. How she even beat Nurbanu Sultan by winning her son's heart and giving him many children.

I lift my head smiling, "yes my sultan," I said with a soft smirk on my face. I've been waiting for Safiye to request to talk to me.

People say that she almost got sent to the old palace only a few months before I arrived but she dealt with that quickly. She was the one who brought Kosem to the palace, well before she was Kosem she was Anastasia. Just a sweet and innocent girl but clearly the little power that she got ruined her mind and the sultan tired of her quickly.

Safiye Sultan points to the cushion on the floor, "come sit, Zeynep, " Safiye says with a kind but odd smile on her face.

I walk up the step with grace in the way I walk. I slowly sit down looking up at Safiye Sultan with a smile.

"I hope you know, " I speak lifting my head, "I live to please the Sultan, he owns my heart and body, " I smile softly.

Safiye doesn't smile or even smirk she just stares at me for a few seconds before clearing her throat.

"You should live to please my grandson, but make sure to remember that in years ahead, you will always belong to his majesty..."

"You never know Safiye, I might just become a powerful sultana, maybe more powerful than you–" I blurt out tired of this whole affair looking Safiye right in the eyes

Safiye gives me a stare of death and I just smile and stand up.

"I must get back to the harem, " I smirk, "with your permission, " I do a low bow but my eyes remain on Safiye Sultana.

I turn my back leaving the room with speaking no words to Cennet Kalfa.

I can promise one thing, and that is that I will, be powerful and banish all those who try to harm me.

No matter what.

____