SIXTEEN .

THE FUNERAL was quick and simple, it felt as if the mourning period ending in a second.

But truly it's been 40 days.

It took a long time for Ahmed to get back to himself but with my help and patience, he was back to normal in no time.

And now that Kösem Sultan is the mother to the crown prince she thinks she is higher than Handan Sultan herself!

It's completely outrageous but nobody dares to even question anything she does because she's a higher rank now that Mehmet is the crown prince.

But unfortunately, news hit that Ahmed would be going off to campaign soon and he would be gone for some time.

It worried me greatly that me and Miray would be all alone with no protection from the evils of this palace but Ahmed reassured me that everything would be fine.

I hold Miray in my arms playing with her hands, I love the sound of her giggles it makes my heart flutter.

She's a few months older now and she's learning to roll over and it's so adorable watching her attempt to stand up on her own.

She's so young but already progressing so fast! Surely men will fall at her feet when she is older, she will be just like her mother, strong, beautiful, and powerful.

Hatice Hatun comes rushing into my chambers surprising me, I lift my head with a smile on my face.

"What brings you here on this beautiful day Hatice Hatun?" I ask not even bothered by the fact that she did just burst in here with no warning.

Hatice gives me a kind smile, "Sultan Ahmed khan as requested to see you so I have come to get Miray and watch over her while you are gone," she answered with a smile on her face.

My face turns a bright rosy color but I look down at Miray and kiss her head to hide my face just a bit.

Hatice Hatun kisses her teeth, "no need to be embarrassed, everyone can see the great love between you and the sultan, " she smiles softly.

I giggle and stand up handing Miray to Hatice, "take care of my shining moon while I'm gone, " I say in a more serious tone.

Hatice Hatun chuckles, "I always do, " she says holding Miray tightly.

I nod my head and glance at the mirror to make sure I look okay.

I smile to myself and skip off.

Just as I'm around the corner of the main chambers I happen to overhear a rather interesting conversation.

I peek my head out to see Valide Sultan Handan and Dervis Pasha talking.

I cover my mouth to hold back the gasp that I have the urge to let out.

"I'm tired of keeping this a secret, don't I deserve true happiness?" Handan Sultan asks clinging onto Dervis pasha's chest.

Dervis wipes Handan's tears away, "don't cry, my sultan it saddens me to see you unhappy, " he pleads.

I scoff softly, innocent little Valide Handan having an affair with Ahmed's most trusted Pasha

I didn't hear anything else that they were speaking of or more like I didn't care. I finally have something on Handan and I can hold this over her head.

I smile to myself not paying attention to anything but I suddenly hear footsteps getting closer to me and I panic.

I look around quickly and I decide to hide behind a wall.

I watch as Handan sultan walks right past me still looking a little emotional, I giggle softly before stepping out of my hiding spot and continuing to the Sultan's chambers.

Dervis Pasha notices my presence and I swear I heard him groan.

I take a deep breath in and put a smile on my face.

"Pasha, " I bow respectfully himself being a beloved pasha I don't want to disrespect him unless he disrespects me.

"Hatun what brings you here at this time?" He asks raising one of his eyebrows, I chuckle, "his Majesty requested to see me, " I explain with a warm smile on my face.

Dervish nods and gestures towards the door, I bow once more before walking into the room.

And there stands Ahmed in all his glory, it's going to be a while before I see him again if I do see him again so I want to make this evening extraordinary

"Ahmed, " I bow to him gaining his attention. I soon feel Ahmed's cold fingers under my chin, I lift my eyes and look at him with a smile.

"I have some news for you, " he says grabbing ahold of my waist, I tilt my head slightly and raise my eyebrows, "what is it my Sultan?" I pout.

Ahmed pulls me over to his bed and we both sit down facing each other, "Zeynep I leave for campaign early tomorrow morning, " he says shocking me.

I suddenly pull Ahmed into a hug sobbing into his robes, "please Ahmed, " I say through my tears.

Ahmed strokes my hair gently and I fill his beard on my neck, "stay with me till the morning, " he says pulling away from me.

I smile gently blushing only a bit, I wrap my arms around Ahmed's neck, "Carry me into the night, my Sultan, " I say in a low seductive tone.

Ahmed growls, "Women!" He laughs flipping me on top of him, I giggle and kiss his soft lips.