TWELVE .

____

BEFORE I enter the main chambers I gulp down two of the vials that Murad had got me.

As I walk into the Sultan's chambers and I don't see the sultan, I wander around the chambers a bit before I reach the balcony and I see the Sultan's back.

I suppose he heard my footsteps because as soon as I put one foot on the balcony he turns around to look at me.

I smile and look into his eyes before bowing respectfully.

I lift my head to see that Ahmed has turned his back again

I step fully onto the balcony getting closer to Ahmed and when I'm closer enough I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Are you okay my Sultan?" I ask in a delicate voice while looking up at him.

Ahmed moves his gaze towards me but almost instantly looks back at the night sky of Istanbul.

Ahmed sighs before moving away from me making my arms fall from his waist.

I raise my eyebrows in confusion, "My Sultan if I have wronged you in any type of way I greatly apologize, " I say looking down at the ground innocently.

I can hear Ahmed's footsteps stop in front of me and I feel his hand lift my chin, I smile widely, Ahmed places both of his hands on my waist and pulls me close to his chest, "Why won't become a Muslim for my Zeynep, " Ahmed blurts out shocking me greatly.

I pull away from Ahmed looking him right in the eyes, "My Ahmed what do you mean?" I ask while running my finger across Ahmed's cheek gently.

"You do wish to have children with me?" He asks looking down and me and I instantly nod my head yes to his question.

"Well, for that to happen you must become Muslim Zeynep, " he said kissing my forehead.

I chuckle softly, "Ahmed I would do anything for you, I want to believe in what you believe in, see what you see,  I will become Muslim if it pleases my Sultan, " I say in a kind tone.

Ahmed smiles like a little child getting gifts, Ahmed lifts my chin and kisses me softly, the kiss almost leads to more but he soon pulls away and walks into his chambers confusing me a lot.

He soon comes back with a headscarf, just as he is about to put it on my head the wind picks up, I chuckle a bit as the scarf falls from Ahmed's hands.

I hop over to where the scarf had landed and I pick it up quickly and walk back over to Ahmed handing it to him, his hand touches mines a bit while I am giving it back to him, and my heart flutters as if I just met him and it's my first night in halvet all over again.

Ahmed kisses my cheek softly before he wraps my head in the headscarf, I take a deep breath and I look up at Ahmed.

"Are you sure Zeynep?" He asks once more just to make sure, I smile softly and nod my head, "I'm sure my Sultan..." I answer.

Ahmed nods and begins to say some words in Arabic that I don't recognize or even understand. after Ahmed finishes and pats me on my head happily.

"Now you are Muslim, you study the ways we live and learn the Quran, " Ahmed explains to me.

I nod my head and smile at Ahmed, I like seeing him happy and cheerful, it makes me want to be a good person for him, just for him.

The wind gets heavy and it starts to get cold, I shiver just a tad but Ahmed seems to notice and he instantly throws me, over his shoulder and carries me inside, I giggle at his actions as he places me gently on the bed.

My laughter slows down and I take a deep breath in. I look Ahmed in the eyes just admiring his features.

Ahmed chuckles and some happily,

"I have another prince, " he beamed cheerfully while tucking my hair behind my ear, I nod my head sadly beginning to fiddle with my hands.

Ahmed realizes my sadness and decides to cheer me up with a surprise, "I have something for you My Zeynep, " He reveals making my eyes light up with happiness, I lift my eyes from my hands with joy, "really?" I ask.

Ahmed nods quickly before getting up to walks over to a table in the room and grab a box off of it, he soon comes back and takes a seat next to me.

Ahmed smiles and hands me the box, I open it to reveal that inside the most beautiful ruby ring that has pearls on the sides on it and a big ruby on the front, I look at Ahmed with awe, and I make sure to kiss his hand and lips before putting on the ring.

"Do you like it Zeynep?" He asks curiously, I place the box down and look right at Ahmed.

"I love it, it makes my heart light up with just its feeling of being on my finger, " I answered honestly.

Ahmed stares at me for a second before taking a deep breath in, "I love you Zeynep..." He mumbles but it is loud enough for me to hear.

I stop everything for a second and I just stare at Ahmed.

Ahmed doesn't speak either he just stares at me just as I am staring at him, my heart beats so loudly that you would hear it from two doors away.

The silence break by me kissing Ahmed quickly, he kissing back and we fall back on the bed, I pull away out of breath, "you love me?" I ask just to be sure I heard what I heard.

Ahmed leans in and kisses my lips once more, "I love you so much, you are my moon and sun, you are my air and without you, I don't think I can live, " he says before kissing me again.

____