Not soulmates

[authors note: ahahha time to make my readers mad at me, it's ok the fluff will come soon enough 😌]

You and kuroo both stared at the red string between you, neither of you had any clue what to say.

"Y/n..." Kuroo was now looking at you instead of the string

You looked up and made eye contact with him, you weren't sure what to do, and started to back away.
You heard some noises coming towards the gym, looking at the door you saw a few team members walking in, as well as coach nekomata.

"Coach!" You yelled

"Y/n what's up?"

"I'm really sorry, something came up, I can't be here for practice today... Seeya!" You ran out of the gym, heart still racing, with absolutely no clue what you were gonna do.

You ran until you got to your house, luckily your parents were both still at work, sometimes having parents that work late isn't such a bad thing.

Still freaking out, you called the first person you thought of, Sugawara koushi.

The phone rang a few times before you heard a voice on the other end.

"Y/n?"

"Koushi, I have a question..."

"Alright... Are you ok? You usually don't call out of nowhere like this..."

"Yes and no... I need to ask a soulmate question..."

"Ok..."

"When you first met daichi... did you have a love at first sight sorta feeling..."

"Of course, I don't think there are soulmates out there that didn't have that."

"Hmm.... ok... I gotta go! Bye!"

"Alright... bye"

'Hes right, soulmates always have the same story, you see each other, fall in love at first sight, and once you find out that you're soulmates everything falls into place... kuroo can't be my soulmate...
It's a mistake! That has to be it! The universe broke, and it'll fix itself... somehow...."

You sat at home for a while, after finishing some homework you heard a knock at the door.
You opened the door to see kuroo, looking nervous.

"Chibi Chan... can we talk?"

"No."

You started to close the door, kuroo put his hand in before it closed.

"Please y/n.. just talk to me?"

"Fine... let's walk around though, my parents are getting home soon."

The two of you walked for a while in silence, eventually you got annoyed and decided to say something.

"You said you wanted to talk... are you going to?"

"Yeah, sorry, it's like as soon as I had the chance to talk I forgot everything I wanted to say" he chuckled

"So..?"

"I... well uh.... do you think we're actually... soulmates..?"

"I don't..."

You heard kuroo let out a sigh
"good.. honestly I don't think so either, I mean... everyone knows that soulmates don't hate each other, it has to be a mistake!"

"That's exactly what I thought!" Youre face lit up when you heard him.

'Such a big weight off my chest... I don't have to deal with someone who thinks I'm his soulmate'