Why did it have to be her?

[authors note: lmao sometimes I just forget that this is a kuroo x reader and I just want to write about kenma.
I have a kenma x reader planned that I'm super exited for!
I'm still not sure who I'm doing next though.
Edit: I made an Akaashi x reader! Check it out! ~OwlBee]

Kenma sat in bed for a while, he couldn't seem to stop thinking about you.

'Why did it have to be her...'

Since he had first seen you he's had the same feeling, butterflies in his stomach, calmness when you were around, a mind filled with you and only you.

'I could have fallen for anyone else... someone who was actually my soulmate...'

He thought about kuroo again.

'I can't say anything, kuroo is my best friend... he's been there for me through thick and thin... I couldn't do that to him.'

Kenma felt another crack in his heart every time he thought about you.

*ring... ring... ring...*

'Hm?'

Kenma looked over to his phone to see an incoming call from you.

"Hello?" He asked

"Hey kenma! You busy right now?"

"No, why?"

"Meet me outside, let's go for a walk."

"Alright."

Kenma could feel his heartbeat quicken as he heard your voice.

'I wonder what she needs to see me for...'

Kenma walked towards your house, stopping as soon as he saw you, the moonlight and dim streetlights giving you a perfect glow.

'She's a goddess'

"Hey kenma!" You smiled to kenma when you noticed him walking towards you

"H-hi" kenma tried to calm the blush that was appearing on his face.

"Let's walk to the park down the street ok?"

"Ok"

You and kenma walked for a while, talking about whatever came to mind. Eventually you reached the park and sat on the swings to talk.

"So why'd you ask me to come out here?"

"Well uh.... it's a little complicated...
I have a soulmate, I think... we don't get along at all, and for a while we didn't think we were actually soulmates... we thought there had been a mistake.. but now I think we are... I'm not really sure how to talk to him about it..."

"Kuroo?"

Your eyes widened as you heard kenma

"D-Did he-" you started

"He didn't tell me" kenma answered before you could finish your question.

You stayed silent for a moment before speaking again
"How did you know..."

"Just a hunch I guess... plus I had seen you and kuroo make contact before but when I asked him if you were soulmates he said he didn't know."

'He... he didn't know...? But I thought he didn't think we were soulmates... he could have said we weren't...'

The two of you stayed silent for a while, kenma was thinking of what to say next.

'They might not know it yet... but I'm sure they're soulmates... why does my heart feel like it's stinging? I don't want this, I don't want to feel these things, why did it have to be her? I want to be around her all the time... her smile makes me feel warm and safe... she's perfect in every way... and she's my best friends soulmate...'