Electricity

[authors note: mmm I'm actually like sO proud of this chapter omg.
You'll be getting a little more info on how the red strings connect soulmates in this update!]

'She... kissed me.....'

Kuroo finally snapped out of his trance, only to notice you were no longer in the classroom, he watched the girls leave, visibly pissed off over what you did.

Kuroo raised is hand up to his face, lightly touching his lips.

'She actually kissed me...'

He looked down to his hand, attention focusing on the string tied to his pinky. Still feeling a light tingling on where the string was tied.

'Where the string is on my hand... it felt like static electricity when she kissed me... my heart is racing and my face is all hot... why couldn't I have felt this way from the beginning... things would have been so much less complicated.'

Kuroo walked out of the class to meet with you and kenma, only to see kenma waiting for him.

"Hey kenma, where's y/n?"

"She texted me that something came up so she couldn't walk with us."

"Weird..."

Kuroo and kenma walked home in relative silence, both of them unable to get you out of their minds.

[let's just pretend it's some kinda holiday in this chapter and that's why there isn't practice... the storyline will flow better if practice doesn't interrupt it :) ~OwlBee]
____________________________

As you walked out of the classroom it took you a minute to realize the extent of what you had just done

'Holy shit I kissed him... to get back at some girls?! Never thought that would be our first kiss... well, I also never thought I'd kiss him, everyting about this is surprising.'

You looked down at your hand, a slight electric feeling still dancing around the red string.

'His lips were softer than I expected...'

You walked around the campus for a while, after texting kenma to tell him you wouldn't be walking home with them.

'There's no way I could face him after doing that... oddly enough I don't regret it... I'm kind of glad I kissed him... I think I know how I feel now.'

A gentle smile appeared on your face as you thought about kuroo

'As annoying and mean as he can be... he's also sweet, caring, and funny... I thought the feeling I had around him was annoyance, and hell, maybe at first that's what it was... but it's changed. I feel happy around him, I have butterflies in my stomach when I think of him, and a tingling feeling in my chest when we talk... I tell myself I hate him, so why do I want to be around him all the time..?'

As you walked around you heard some girls talking.

'A club must just be getting out for the day... wait most clubs aren't having activities today, and it's a bit early for a club to release...'

You walked towards the voices, turning a corner you saw the girls who had threatened you earlier.

'Shit I should go, kuroo can't help me this time...'

You started to turn around before one of the girls called after you.

"Hey L/n, where's kuroo?"

"Don't know, don't care, leave me alone."

"Oh come on, we just want to talk."

"You can keep talking, I'm gonna leave."

You started to walk away, but faster than you could think you had been kicked to the ground, a sharp pain making it's way through your back.