four

Placing the book back onto where it once was, I picked up the plastic bag that contained the items from the supermarket.

Pulling out the Whiskas bag, Sebastian immediately trotted up to me, rubbing against my legs as he mewed. I hummed, "I know, I know. Give me a moment please."

He stopped, walking away for a second so that I could move around.

Huh, he understood?

Brushing the thought away, I cut open the Whiskas bag and pulled out a measuring cup. "How much should I give?" I murmured, pulling out my phone to do a quick Google search.

1/2 cup a day. Feed the cat twice a day, thrice if it's a kitten.

Okay. 1/2 cup divided by two is.. 1/4 cup per meal.

Glancing back at Sebastian, he sat in the famous 'loaf' position, as his red eyes followed my every movement. I waved to him as I pulled out a bowl from the cabinet.

Pouring out the appropriate portion into the bowl, I called the cat over. He walked up to me calmly, as his long black fur glistened under the kitchen light.

How graceful, I thought. It was as if he was some type of prince, from the way he held himself. It was hard to believe that he was just some poor thing on the streets earlier today.

Placing the bowl on the floor, I watched as Sebastian approached the food. He took a quick sniff, and lowered his head to the pellets.

Assuming that he was eating, I walked off towards the bathroom. I should freshen up before going out again.

[ Sebastian's POV ]

Ah, now she's gone.

Quickly stuffing as much of the cat food into my mouth, I ran up towards the nearest open window and spat the food out. I repeated this a few more times until there was no more food left in the bowl.

Though I am delighted to be a feline, I am still a demon. Demons have no need to eat anything that is not a soul, unfortunately.

What happened earlier today?

Ah yes.. I remember awakening in a dark alleyway, as a cat; the most beautiful animal that there is! As pleased as I am to be a cat... I would prefer to be in my more.. Human 'form'.

This entire place that I have found myself in seemed so different from the surroundings I was accustomed to before this happened. Everything was much more advanced, I saw the human pull out a tiny rectangle from her clothing. It even lit up!

Speaking of clothing.. What in the world was the human wearing? A pair of pants and a thin shirt? Where were the dresses?

I wonder what year this is, it would only be the only thing to explain this strange place. Jumping on top of the kitchen counter, I looked around; trying to find anything to answer my questions.

Is that a calendar? I thought, rushing up to the paper stuck onto the kitchen wall.

February 2018

2018?! I swore it was just 1899 less than a day ago! What in the hell was I doing here in the future?

Thinking about it now.. I was not around Ciel - the boy that I was contracted to. He must be furious now, since I was always by his side.

Unfortunately, up until today.

I need to find a way to get back to the boy, otherwise all of my efforts from our contract would have been in vain. I have not had a damn soul in years; I am truly starving.

The human stepped back into the room where I was at. Her eyes darting towards me, she shot me a confused glance. "What are you doing there?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said, but it came out as a meow. No wonder she could not understand my words. It would be difficult for us to communicate - especially if I'll need help to get home.

She walked over to the window that I spat the cat food out from and closed it. "Can't have the cold air coming in, you know." She smiled, walking past me as she opened a tall rectangle that let out cold air.

It was a refrigerator.. I think? I recall reading the morning paper of the invention of something as such, but the Phantomhive manor did not have anything like this.

Jumping down from the kitchen counter, I started to explore the small home the human lived in.

What was her name again? (Y/N) (L/N) was it?

Walking past a mirror, I did a double-take; looking back at my cat form. I had long black fur from head to paw(s), and my red eyes. Even as a cat, I still looked good. I had to give myself credit for that.

"Sebastian?" (Y/N) called, her soft voice echoing throughout the hallway. I heard the sound of her footsteps gradually grow louder, as she made her way to me.

"Ah! There you are. I'll go back to the supermarket and pick up the litter for you. I'll be back in a bit." She said, bending down to my height. Giving me another kiss my forehead, she turned around and left.

Though, I got a good whiff of her soul from that interaction. It smelt incredibly unique.

Despite the fact that she was a human, her kisses on my forehead felt nice, it made me feel oddly warm inside.

Perhaps I'm just touch-starved. Demons cannot feel such things after all..