ten

A/N: sorry for the constant switching of POVs! i'm still experimenting w/ it!

*Usage of mild language in this chapter!

Happy reading! Alli x
Written on 1/4/21, WC: 1184

-

[ 2nd Person POV ]

You groaned as you sat up. "Man, I just had the craziest dream.."

There was a knock at your bedroom door. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. You lived alone, why was there a knock?

You slipped out of your bed, walking towards the door. Reaching for a baseball bat that sat unattended near your closet, you held it while your other hand opened the door.

Crimson eyes stared down into your (E/C) ones. "Good morning, milady. I see you're awake."

You slapped a hand to your forehead. "Holy shit! It wasn't a dream?!" You exclaimed to yourself. You slowly backed away from the door as Sebastian inched closer with every step you took; the distance between you and him staying constant. You bumped your foot at the edge of your bed and hopped on your other foot.

"Shit, shit, shit..." You grumbled.

Sebastian took this as an opportunity to move closer. He held your arm gently and guided you towards your bed. "Take it easy, my lady." He said reassuringly.

Once sat properly onto the bed, your eyes skimmed over Sebastian's form. He wasn't naked this time, thankfully. "Is that.. A butler suit.. Made out of towels?" You asked slowly as the gears in your mind began to turn. How the hell did he manage to make that?

He nods, seemingly proud that you have noticed his creation. "Yes, my lady. Do you like it?"

You facepalmed. "It is nice, but you didn't have to use towels.."

He shrugs. "There was nothing else I could use. My sincerest apologies,"

You shook your head. "Nevermind that. So, you're Sebastian right? My cat?"

He smirks. "Correct."

"The fuck? So why were you a cat in the first place?"

He shrugs, his eyes full of genuine confusion and uncertainty. "I woke up in that alley where you found me, as a cat."

You nodded slowly, your mind drifting back to the day you picked cat-Sebastian up.

Moments later, a ball of fur with eyes surfaced. It stared at you with caution, reflected so clearly in its crimson red eyes. Bending down, you held out a hand for it to sniff. "It's okay, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm not going to hurt you." You whispered, watching it slowly inch closer to you.

Taking a whiff of your scent, the cat thrusted its head into your hand as you chuckled. "You poor thing.." You hummed as you rubbed under its chin.

You smiled slightly. "You were such a cute cat. Incredibly precious," You cooed. Sebastian gives you a small bow. "I appreciate the compliment, my lady."

You waved a hand dismissively. "Just call me (Y/N). The formalities are kinda weird. Only people in the Victorian era use it." Sebastian eyes you oddly as the slang 'kinda' rolls off your tongue casually. Who had even thought of mashing the words 'kind' and 'of' into a singular word?

Sebastian hums. "Very well then, (Y/N)."

He was debating on whether to bring up the fact that he was technically from the Victorian era. Oh, and that your puppy named Blue was also originally a human; his master, Ciel Phantomhive. He decided on telling you that another day. Perhaps when Ciel figures out to change back into a human. It seems too much to handle in a single day.

"-Sebastian?" You waved your hands in front of his face. He blinked, his sight slightly foggy from being deep in thought for a moment. He shakes his head. You observe as his hair follows gracefully.

That's not fair.. You grumble to yourself, slightly jealous at Sebastian's natural attractiveness.

He gives you a fake smile. "My apologies. What were you saying, (Y/N)?"

You repeated your words. "If you woke up as a cat.. Then how did you convert back into a human this morning?"

Sebastian gives you the same genuine look of uncertainty from earlier. He frowns, and in that moment; you realise that frowning does not suit him. "I just woke up back to normal, (Y/N). I did not even realise I was back until you screamed.."

You chuckle lightly. You had to admit that you thought that your scream was not certainly the most flattering value you had. Sure, you had the brains and beauty, but you definitely had your dumb moments once in a while. That morning was one of them.

"Well, waking up to a naked man in my bed isn't exactly a normal thing.." You said jokingly. Sebastian picks up your light tone and laughs a little. "You do have a point there,"

You give him a grin, finally relaxing in Sebastian's presence. You couldn't help it; he had this aura that made you feel so safe and comforted around him. He was not entirely a stranger either, since you did bring him home at a cat in the first place. You could not just throw him out, it was inhumane. It was not his fault that he woke up as a cat.

You suddenly perk up and remember about your other pet, the puppy. "Blue? Where's Blue?" You asked, walking towards the doorway and peering into the hallway. Said puppy comes bouncing up to you as he yells. Unfortunately, you do not speak the art of barking nor meowing. So, Blue's yells were a waste. Instead, you took them as a positive reaction and you bent down to his level to pat him excitedly.

"Hello! This morning was quite a scare huh?" You asked the puppy. Blue rolls around on the floor, enjoying the affection you were giving him. Sebastian stands behind you, stifling a laugh as he watched his Master. It was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime sight.

Blue catches sight of his snickering butler and skids away from you on the floor that you polished the night before in embarrassment. You gasp, watching in horror as the puppy almost slides into a wall. "Blue! Be careful, the floor is slippery!"

Sebastian walks up to the puppy, picking him up with ease. "There, there.." He cooed, smoothing down Blue's fur that was sticking up. Sebastian was clearly enjoying every moment of his Master being stuck as a dog.

"Sebastian! Stop it!" Blue protests angrily. His angry barks make you laugh at his predicament. In your eyes, Blue was just a noisy, rambunctious puppy; as all puppies were at this stage. Sebastian frowns slightly at his Master's angry sounds. "I don't speak 'woof'.." Sebastian says with fake-regret.

You laugh at the comedic scene unfolding before you.

Tap
Tap
Tap

Little taps that sounded like they were coming from your kitchen distracted you from your laughing. Your head whipped over towards the sound, seeing a tiny blur of blonde whiz across from one corner of the kitchen to the other. You furrow your brows. Since when did you have mice in your house?