seven

[ Sebastian's POV ]

I laid carelessly on the couch, my back legs hanging off the edge as I waited for (Y/N) to come home. She said that she would be back two hours ago, yet she still is not here. I shook my head, I should not be getting myself so attached to a human.

But still.. Where is she?

The front door swung open, revealing the human I was thinking of. However.. Her scent was slightly different. "I'm home!" She said with a smile. I trotted up to her, rubbing my face against her legs to greet her. It was a shame that we could not communicate through talking.

"I brought a friend. Please be nice to it okay?" (Y/N) said, kneeling in front of me with a stern expression. Curious, I meowed as a response.

She smiled, showing me a puppy that was hidden behind her. The puppy had black and white fur, its right eye crusted shut. The puppy and I stared at each other in disbelief. I recognised the puppy instantly.

"Sebastian? Where the hell have you been?" He yelled at me, rushing forward to me. I could only stare at him with a shocked look. "Young Master-" I started, only to be cut off.

"-Woah woah! Don't fight please. Be nice, blue." (Y/N) scolded lightly, pulling him away from me. The Young Master barked in her grip, yells of wanting her to let him go.

I grumbled to myself, walking back to the couch and curled into a ball as I awaited for the Young Master to stop his little tantrum.

So much for a vacation...

••

"Blue, you can go hang out with Sebastian later. I need you to eat something first then I'll get you cleaned up." I could hear her voice from the kitchen, the Young Master still in her arms as he looked at me with a glare. Amused, I sat on top of a shelf outside the kitchen as I watched from behind the glass door of the kitchen that separated us. He was in the kitchen with (Y/N), refusing the food that she was offering to him.

Exasperated, (Y/N) pulled out a few cylindrical sticks, they were bright red in colour; and it was obvious as day that they were artificial. My Master stared at the sticks disgusted, while (Y/N) laughed at his reaction.

"They're hotdogs. It's made of meat." She said, answering his unsaid question. After defrosting them, she put the meat into a weird self-heating up box and turned the dials on it. "This is an airfryer. Kind of like an oven, but for smaller stuff." She gestured to it, patting the said airfryer's top. I hummed, observing the other cooking appliances in her kitchen.

If only these contraptions existed in the Phantomhive manor, perhaps Bardroy would stop using that stupid flamethrower of his and ruining the kitchen every two weeks.. Cooking would also much be more efficient.

I thought, my mind drifting to the remaining people in the manor. Now that Young Master and I were here, the manor was doomed. It could have been in shambles by now.

DING!

The sound broke me out of my thoughts, causing me to watch (Y/N) once again. My Master sat on the kitchen island counter, curiosity sparkling in his visible eye. Of course he would be fascinated.

(Y/N) pulled a handle, causing the bottom half of the airfryer to slide out, revealing the hotdogs that she put in there earlier. They were a slightly darker tone of red now, and cheese appeared to ooze of out the ends of it. The scent of it wafted through the air, causing my Master's tail to wag. He turned back, a seemingly embarrassed look on his face.

(Y/N) took the hotdogs out with a fork and placed them onto a plate, setting it gently in front of my Master. He looked at her, his eyes darting from the hotdogs to her. He seemed taken aback that she was making him eat that.

She shrugged. "I tried with other foods earlier, Blue. Either eat that or go hungry. I can't buy dog food today since the store is closed." I could tell my Master rolled his eyes, but he lowered his head to sniff at the meat.

He gently took a bite out of one, his eyes widening afterwards. I could only assumed that he liked the taste of it. He continued eating, soon licking the empty plate. (Y/N) gave him a pleased look, patting his head as she took the plate from him.

Lifting him up gingerly, she put him onto the floor and gave him a bowl of water. My Master took to it immediately, lapping up at the water.

How ungraceful.

"Here, you can taste a bit!" (Y/N) appeared in front of me, holding a small chunk of the hotdog from earlier. I moved my head closer, taking a whiff of the scent that the meat was giving off. I took it as gently as I could, trying my best to not scratch her accidentally from my sharp canines. Disadvantages of being a demon, I suppose.

Though I could not taste anything that are not souls, the texture of the hotdog was not as bad. It was initially chewy, but it was easy to swallow after one or two chews. It slid down my throat with ease, (Y/N) watching me with a smile. She stood on her tiptoes (so that she could reach me from the shelf), placing a kiss on my forehead. I purred at her affection, nuzzling my head to her face.

(Y/N) laughed, her hand running down my back as she pet me. She kissed my forehead again and walked back towards the kitchen where my Master sat. He glared at me from behind the glass door, his tail tapping the floor in an annoyed manner.

Upon (Y/N) entering the kitchen, she slid the door shut once more - to prevent my Master from running out. He did not notice, and instead barked happily, his tail now wagging happily in the air.

I closed my eyes, it was going to take a while before (Y/N) was done with my Master, so perhaps I'll just take another nap; as cats do, while I wait.