Lay Me Down Chapter 20

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!

I made my way home from school. Carter had some type of dentist appointment so I had to spend my last two classes without him. We had gotten way too attached to each other, so much so that I couldn't stand being away from him right now. I opened the front door and made my way upstairs to my room. 

Shortly after, Keith entered my room. "Look at that! You're home for once."

"Yup," was my only reply.

"You're mom wants to speak with you."  

"Well, tell her to come speak to me." 

"She thinks that you are mad at her," he told me. My mom and I had not spoken since she had given Keith the means to have his way with me.

"I'm not. Tell her that she can come talk to me."

Keith exited my room and a few minutes later my mom approached me. "Hey sweetie," she said as she stood by the door. Why were they being so nice?

"Hey mom," I replied. She walked inside and closed the door behind her, and then she came and sat down next to me on the bed. 

She ran her fingers through my hair. "Lizzie, I am so sorry. I know that I have not been a good mother and I'm just so sorry for not being that good role model most daughters have." I said nothing, getting a strange vibe from this whole situation. "I need your help Lizzie," she finally said. 

I knew that was coming. "What do you need?"  

"I need for you to take a client-" 

"No! No! I'm not doing it." I stood up preparing myself to leave but she grabbed my hand.

"Lizzie, please! We need the money." 

"I'm sorry, but I can't do it." 

"Please. There's a guy who specially requested for you and he's willing to pay a lot. Enough that it will help me out so much."  

"Help you out with what mom," I yelled. "Your drug addiction!"  

"I'm sick, Lizzie. I have cancer." 

I looked up at her. "Mom-" 

"We don't have enough money for hospital bills and this guy is willing to pay more than a thousand for you. I think he's crazy but hey, it's his money." 

I turned my head wishing that I didn't have to hear this but I had no choice in the matter.

"I really need that money sweetie." I looked at her and saw tears at the rim of her eyes. "I'm so scared," she said causing the tears to fall over.