Lay Me Down Chapter 44

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!

“Where the hell is Jay?” Carter asked himself as he stood up and looked at the time.

“He will be here Carter, calm down,” I suggested as I sat on the couch waiting patiently.

“I just don’t want you to be here when Ariel get’s here,” he muttered. Today was the day that Carter planned on  officially breaking up with Ariel. He didn’t want me around because he didn’t want things to get out of hand or anything to turn violent. I for one couldn’t be more happier since after today I would get to call Carter mine. I wouldn’t feel bad anymore because he had a girlfriend. I wouldn’t be the other woman and I would no longer have to worry about Ariel’s smart remarks.  A knock sounded on the door and when the door was opened Carter was relieved to know it was Jay.

“Where the hell you been man?”  He asked in a panicked tone. He really needed to get his panties out of a bunch.

“Dude, calm down. I’m here, ain't I?” He rolled his eyes at Carter and let out an exaggerated breath. “You ready Lizzie?”

“Yup,” I said popping the p as I bounced off the couch and went to stand next to Jay.

“Have fun!” Jay said. “Make sure you got me and 911 on speed dial,” he muttered before walking out the door and closing it behind him. 

I laughed. “You are such a loser.”  I told him.

What,” he asked shocked. “Whatever. I don’t know what you would do without me.”  

“Oh whatever Jay! So what are our plans for the day?” 

“I don’t know. It shouldn’t take that long for him to say ‘Hey, we’re over', right?” I nodded my head. “So let’s go see a movie and then grab something to eat. That should give him more than enough time.”

“Okay,” I said agreeing before heading to his car.

I walked up the neon steps that lead into the restaurant. It was some burger joint that was supposed to mimic the 50’s era, from their jukebox music to the waiters on roller skates. We approached the hostess who was standing behind a podium.

“Just two?” she questioned.

“Yea,” Jay answered. The hostess led us to a booth in the corner that had a picture of Elvis right beside it. I slid in to the fiery red booths and Jay sat opposite of me. We ordered our drinks and then silently looked over the menus.

“So how is everything going with the withdrawals and stuff?” 

“Good, it’s getting better. They don’t come as frequently as they previously did.” Jay was always someone that I felt like I could talk to. When he put all the bullshit aside, we could really engage in some informative conversations and we ended up learning a lot about each other.