Lay Me Down Chapter 51

Here's a new chapter!!!!

Thanks for all the congratulations sent out for my graduation. I appreciate every single one of you guys. It really does mean alot.

I was very hesitant about uploading this chapter. I've been just staring at it for a day now. I'm not sure I like it. So tell me your true honest opinions.

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELL A FRIEND

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled the bobby pins out of my hair and pulled my hair out of the bun causing it to fall onto my shoulders in lithe movements. I ran my fingers through it straightening it out. I had just come from a day filled with job interviews and I was so emotionally tired. I replaced the business slacks with some shorts and I threw on a tank top in place of the silk blouse. I sighed as I walked out my room. Carter had not been the same since I told him that I didn't mean it when I said I loved him. I mean he was the same but our relationship was different. I couldn't explain it though; it just had to been seen for anyone to understand. I made my way to the kitchen, where Carter stood over the stove.

"What are you cooking?" I asked as I leaned against the counter next to him.

"Spaghetti" he replied nonchalantly.

"So what are we doing tonight?"

"Well I'm eating and then I plan on turning in early." He said as he walked over to the fridge peering inside. I groaned.

"Carter?"

"Lizzie?" He replied mimicking me.

"I think my interviews went good today." I said trying to at least make conversation.

"That's good I hope you get one of the jobs." He replied. This was getting nowhere.

"Carter d-----" there was a knock on the door which stopped me mid sentence." I’ll get that." I said as I made my way to the door. I looked through the peephole and it was none other than jay.

"Hey bay" I said upon opening the door.

"What’s up? Where's Carter" I pointed him into the kitchen. You could say that me and Jay's relationship had changed also. He had become less flirty around me and he now watched what he said in an effort to not give Carter the wrong idea. No matter what, my life would always be fucked up.

"What you cooking man?" Jay asked.

"What’s up Jay and nothing just spaghetti. I'm cooking more than enough so you can stay if you want."

"That's what’s up!" Jay replied. I sat down on the couch and folded my legs up Indian style. I don't get why Carter was so mad at me. Yea I did lie to him but I'm only trying to protect myself. It didn’t seem like Carter would be leaving his girlfriend anytime soon which I didn't expect him to. I just........ I just wanted him to. I hated being in this situation. I let out a loud groan and got a weird look from Jay who was approaching.

"Sorry" I muttered

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing" I lied

"I know you better than you think I do Lizzie" he informed me.

"You think so?" I asked him. He nodded. "I seriously doubt it!"

"Doubt what?" Carter asked intruding on our conversation.

"Who was talking to you?" I asked annoyed.

"I was just asking Lizzie." He stated.

"So was I." I replied. He rolled his eyes and took his seat on the opposite couch.