Lay Me Down Chapter 53

okay so i know it's been a while. I'm so sorry,but umm yea here's a chapter lol. I think it's kind of short, so dont hate me. There will be an author's note at the end. So be sure to read it. It answers a lot of yalls questions and it will all so be some questions for you guys to answer. so here you go.

Also listen to the song in the video. I absolutely love it. It's by a band called parachute and they are amazing.

It's called Kiss Me Slowly and it definitely goes with teh end of this chapter.

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.FAN.TELL.A.FRIEND

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt the couch shift. I wiped the tears from my swelling eyes and I looked at Carter through a blurred vision. He moved some hair out of my face. “Why are you crying?”  

“I don’t know, I’m just . . . such a girl!”

He chuckled lightly. “I guess I've got some apologizing to do to Jay,” he admitted.

“Yea, you do,” I replied as the tears eventually stop flowing.

“I need to apologize to you too Lizzie. I’m so sorry. I was stupid and wrong; I was just thinking about the baby. The fake baby,” he said with a light sarcastic chuckle.

“It’s okay Carter.”

“Are you going to tell me the truth now?” I gave him a confused look. “Come on Lizzie, I’m not stupid no matter what you think. I can see right through you so I know when you’re lying.” 

I avoided eye contact with him and then spoke. “I didn’t lie to you!”  

“Yes, you did!”

“About what?” I was hoping that he didn’t know. If he knew, he was such an asshole. 

He placed his hand under my chin and then turned my head so that I was looking at him. He moved his face closer to mine.

“Carter I’m not going to be your second choice. You can’t just have me now that Ariel is out of the picture.”  

“What are you talking about? I told her that I was in love with you.”  

I had to do it for you. If I would have never told her that we had sex then you would still be kissing her ass.”

 He chuckled. “So what are you saying?” 

“That I don’t want to do this!”  

“This . . . as in us?” he asked. 

I nodded. I had no clue where I was going with this, but I just wanted him to know that he couldn’t have me whenever he wanted and that I wasn’t going to just be his second choice; his fall back girl.