Lay Me Down Chapter 15

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY=P

When I awakened the next morning, Carter still remained asleep. I eased my way out of the bed and went to the bathroom.

After freshening up I decided on making breakfast to show Carter that I could cook. Well at least I was going to try. I  never cooked I mean I used to when I was little, but since the age of twelve I had only cooked one day in my life and that's when I was with Carter.

I made my way down stairs to the kitchen to try to figure out what I would end up creating. I searched through the cabinets, fridge, and freezer. After I had scanned the entire kitchen stock I decided on making French toast, bacon, and eggs. I mean how hard it could be. All I had to do was place bacon on a tray and pop it in the oven. Stir some eggs and scramble them and for the French toast. I just dipped bread in scrambled eggs and put it in a pan to fry. What could go wrong?

I placed the last French toast in the pan and I pulled the bacon out of the oven. Everything smelt great. I was just hoping that it would taste great. I poured the eggs in to another pan and began to stir them until they fluffed up. I split them up in even proportions and set them on two separate plates. I sat the last French toast on another plate as I heard motion behind me.

I turned around to see Carter coming in the kitchen.  He looked around to see what I was doing.

"Are you cooking?" He asked as I put bacon on both of our plates.

"Uh huh" I replied.

"Food?" He questioned.

"Yup" I said letting out a soft chuckle.

"Sit down" I demanded. "I'll bring your food over in a second." I added. I reached in the cabinet and grabbed two glasses. I took some orange juice from out of the fridge and filled the cups up. I brought the plate over to the table and then the cups. I said down next to him.

"Are you trying to poison me?" he asked before taking a bite.

"No why would I do that? You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." A big grin spread across his face. "I really didn't mean to say that out loud." I said hiding my face from embarrassment.

"No it's okay. I'm glad you did." Carter stated. Well of course he was. I grabbed my fork and dug in and everything tasted pretty good.

"This is really good. I didn't expect it from you though. Is my mom here?" He asked looking around. I laughed.

"Nope I made this all by myself" I muttered.

"You did a good job." He stated.

"Well thanks" I mumbled. We finished our food and this time Carter washed the dishes since I had cooked the food. After finishing we both went and crashed on the couch. He encircled his arms around me and I buried my body into his. I love the feeling of his arms wrapped around me it was as if I was safe from all evil. No harm could be done to me. I sighed in relief.

"Why did you try so hard?" I asked him out of the blue.