[6] they react to you flinching during an argument

BUTCH:
"No... no..." He is immediately consumed with guilt, even if he were to never lay his hands on you, just the sheer fact that you think he is capable enough to do so by making you flinch when he raises his voice is enough to make him feel like the shittiest person. He reflects on his past actions towards you and ponders if that was enough to scar you in this way.

CHARON:
"Why would you do that? You know I would never hit you." He is only confused and actually walks away so he can give you time to recollect yourself.

GOB:
"Y/N, I-" He begins to tear up after seeing you flinch and hugs you tightly. He promises that he would never lay a hand on you, but you already know that.

SARAH LYONS:
"Wha- I- I-" She's speechless and actually in horror with herself. Though she could never do such a thing to you, she begins to question herself and any outbursts.

MACCREADY:
"I- I- I'm sorry. I've never yelled like that before. Y/N, I- I promise I would never lay a hand on you." His bottom lip quivers as he speaks to you in an instant apology. He can't even believe himself for treating you that way. He never wanted to see you fear him like that again.

HANCOCK:
"Oh, sunshine-  C- C'mere, I didn't mean to scare you." His usual cool manner is broken as he's hurt by seeing you flinch. He only wants to comfort you in the moment afterwards.

CAIT:
"Hey now, I never hit ye before an' I never would." She immediately gets defensive, but realizes quickly this isn't about her. "M'sorry for shoutin', I'd never hurt ye." She then wraps an arm around your shoulders and pulls you into her chest.

PIPER:
"Oh Blue, I'm sorry." She apologizes instantly for ever giving you the doubt in her actions. She then takes your hands in her own and kisses them gently as the two of you sit in silence together.

NICK:
"Doll, I'd never lay a hand on you." He promises firmly and kisses your temple tenderly.

PRESTON:
"I'm sorry for yelling, hon." He takes your hands in his own and gives them a comforting squeeze as the two of you quietly settle what just happened.

DANSE:
"Y/N-" He is speechless, guilt beginning to eat him alive in that instant. He kneels in front of you and wraps his arms around your waist and buries his face in your lap. He eventually builds up the courage to speak. "Please forgive me, Y/N, I was out of control. That is not the character I want to present to you in our relationship."

MAXSON:
"Have I- Have I ever laid a hand on you before? I don't understand why you-" He chooses the wrong words to respond with at first, and after looking into your teary eyes he stops himself from his defensive tone and softens his voice. "I am sorry I made you feel this way, but just know that I would never intentionally hurt you in anyway." He doesn't break eye contact as he promises you this and then does the unthinkable and lays his head in your lap, defeated.

CURIE:
She furrows her brows and immediately wraps her arms around your figure. "Oh love, I would never." She struggles to look passed this mistake and vows to make it up to you in anyway possible.

DEACON:
"H- Hey doll, I'm sorry. All that yelling was really unnecessary on my part." He chokes on his own words as tears breach the corners of his eyes. He blinks then away quickly, but it doesn't make him feel any better about the situation.

DESDEMONA:
She closes her mouth in a thin line and turns her face away from you, embarrassed and frustrated. "I'm sorry." She musters out meekly before walking away.

STURGES:
"Oh darlin' I didn't mean to startle ya like that. I'll watch my tone from now on." He immediately calms down and forgets whatever the two of you were arguing about in the first place. His only concern is comforting you after having caused that stress.

X6-88:
"This behavior is strange coming from you." He literally could not hit you even if he wanted to, so he doesn't feel the need to assure you of this. Instead he becomes worried of your composure and questions if anyone else has made you feel this way.

GAGE:
"Boss-" He sighs deeply, his usual rough exterior comes melting down as he crouches before you and wraps his arms around your waist. "I'd dive headfirst off of the Grille before I ever thought of hittin' ya."

MASON:
"I can't believe you think I'd hit you." He's in utter disbelief and comes off quite angry with how you reacted. Of course he means to be insensitive, as he thinks you're supposed to be the toughest person within a 500 mile radius and you're flinching at him.

MAGS BLACK:
"You know, if I ever- if I ever laid a hand on you, I would expect you to put me on my ass not even a second later." She doesn't care to think for her own feelings in this moment and instead wants you to promise that if she ever were to hit you, then you would hit her back harder. It's not a thing normal couples promise each other, but she knows that she would never actually test you that way.