[11] non-romanced! react to you calling them mom/dad

I guess in this instance you wouldn't be LW or Sole, maybe just a younger travel companion.

BUTCH:
"I'm not your damn dad." He immediately snaps without realizing, and instantly goes to apologize and explain. "Sorry, kid. I didn't have a dad figure growin' up so it didn't feel right hearing it myself."

CHARON:
"Hm?" He doesn't quite react to it, he really doesn't care either.

GOB:
"Oh kid, that's alright. I'm glad you trust me this much." He is honestly touched you view him in this light, but to avoid making it awkward for you, he doesn't truly show just how excited he is.

SARAH LYONS:
"Oh! Heh, I guess that's alright." She has definitely heard it before from the squires, but it's so different hearing it from you. Alike Gob, she is very touched.

MACCREADY:
"What was that, kid?" He really doesn't mind, it's not like he hasn't been called 'dad' before. He does think it's kind of funny that he officially has the 'dad vibes' though.

HANCOCK:
"Do I resemble him?" He's quick to make a joke about his ghoul-ish appearance, making you laugh instead of feeling embarrassed for letting the name slip.

CAIT:
"Mum? Oh c'mon, kid, I know m'not that much of a figurehead for ye." If anything she would view herself as an older sister to you - and that's only if she were to view the two of you as a family - besides that, she can only imagine what else you're picking up from traveling with her, and it may not be the best of things.

PIPER:
"I know you miss them, Blue." She wraps an arm around your shoulder and consoles you about losing your parents. If she can be that figure for you, she will, but don't expect her to be 100% comfortable with hearing the name 'mom' again.

NICK:
"I've been calling you kid too much, huh?" He cracks a joke and chuckles, but his warm smile is enough to let you know that he didn't mind it.

PRESTON:
"That's alright, General. Whatever helps you cope." He's very understanding and doesn't mind it at all, in fact he kind of takes it as a compliment and it makes him very happy that you see him in that kind of light.

DANSE:
"I– I don't know what to say, knight." It's not that he feels awkward about you calling him 'dad', it's just that it felt very natural to him to view you as his own child and hearing you call him that really tied it all together. It definitely made fighting at your side a lot harder for him, as if anything were to happen to you, he would probably crawl himself into a hole and never return to the surface.

MAXSON:
"Back to work, soldier." On the exterior, he kept his calm and made you slightly embarrassed as you walked off. However, on the inside he is mentally calculating every conversation the two of you have had to make it come to this point right now - you calling him 'dad'. He still can't quite wrap his head around it.

CURIE:
"If you wish to call me mum, you may, madam/monsieur. But does this mean, I call you my child?" She is genuinely confused and only wants to get it right, not clearly understanding that it was a mistake in your wording.

DEACON:
"Can you repeat that, son/daughter? I think I missed what you said." To avoid it getting awkward, he does it back to you - calling you his son/daughter - but he truly doesn't know how to feel about it. On one hand, it warms his heart to know that you feel so close to him. On the other, he kind of views it as someone he may have to leave one day and cause unnecessary heartbreak.

DESDEMONA:
"Oh... dear, I'm sorry." She doesn't think too warmly of you calling her 'mom' but she does understand and doesn't want you to feel bad for doing so.

STURGES:
"Oh kid, c'mere." Daddio Sturges immediately wants to comfort you after hearing you call him 'dad', assuming you were possibly missing your old family - he was just glad you considered him part of your new family.

X6-88:
"What was that, ma'am/sir?" He heard you, he just wants to give you a chance to clarify whether you meant to call him 'dad' or not. He doesn't care either way, it doesn't change how he feels about you whatsoever.

GAGE:
"Damn, boss..." Whether you meant to call him that or not, he feels for you. If calling him 'dad' comforts you in a way that doesn't distract you from your work, then he'll put aside his own discomfort for it and pay it no attention while you do so.

MASON:
"Ha! If I ever had kids, they'd be little terrorizes like you, boss!" He takes it sort of as a compliment, but it goes completely over his head.

MAGS BLACK:
"Did you mean to call me that, boss?" She quirks a brow and calls you out, not to embarrass you but to find where you stand with her and whether the two of you have that level of trust within each other.

[AN] Sorry this isn't a romanced preference, it was the one I had closest to being finished so I wanted to put something out there. Really me publishing today is just an excuse to show off my new SoSu —

Her name is Kylie and I adore her so much 🤪 I made her husband cute too, but I forgot to take a pic of him before he got unalived, unfortunately