fifty seven.

.

Surprise!!!

Almost 6800 words, it's shorter than the last chapters because I have finals haha.

Anyway vote and comment.

Tell me what you think.

Mannat.

There was so much anger and cruelty filled in his eyes that she couldn't even glare at him for more than a few seconds. He was a murderer, a psychotic killer and a very cruel man. The kind of security that was everywhere around the house, she really didn't understand how he had managed to come inside undetected. It was his speciality after all. He had sneaked inside the Sheherzaad house a few weeks ago as well, killing Nasreen and shooting around as if it was nothing at all.

The last time she had witnessed a man with a gun, it had been Iskander. She wasn't half as scared at that time as she was now.

She looked at her grandfather, who was old and frail and in no way ready to fight. She didn't even think he had a gun on him right now. She didn't even think that she could scream for help because he would probably shoot her within a second and without another thought.

Living in the US, she had read way too many stories of crazy shooters killing a lot of people. She had witnessed the news of many people dying because of some psychotic killer.

And yes, she understood that she shouldn't have felt so scared because her husband was also the same man, the one with a gun. Her father and her mother belonged to the Mafia family. Her husband was the leader of an entire Mafia. How the hell was she so scared?

"Balaaj, how dare you enter a woman's room this way. Have you no shame?" It was her grandfather, the one who slowly stood up with a hand on his stick as he frowned at Balaaj.

Mannat didn't detect a single expression of fear on his face, he was not scared to die.

But she was.

She was scared to die because she had a lot of life left within herself. She didn't want to die before being the person she had always aspired to become. She didn't want her mother to mourn her death. She didn't want her mother to mourn the death of her blood by her own family. Again.

When she looked at her grandfather again, he was staring at Balaaj with an angry expression on his face.

"Get out, we can talk outside." He ordered, the man only smirked in return and let out a low chuckle later on, finding amusement in the way he was being ordered.

Mannat took a few steps back, stopping when she was about to hit the bed.

"You really think I am here to talk with you, old man? Who are you? No one." Balaaj answered, shrugging.