Nineteen.

This chapter has Wafaa, Iskander, Mannat and Wajeeh.

4500 words. Not short so don't complain lol.

Make sure to vote and comment. Tell me what you think.

--

Mannat..

"How are you doing?"

Clearly he wasn't used to seeing me in casual, home clothes and the slight surprise was evident on his face as he saw me with barely any makeup, in casual jeans.

Iskander was in a formal dress shirt with his coat hanging on his seat but the bags under his eyes were a clear proof of the fact that he had spent many sleepless nights.

I already knew the reason behind it. Honestly, it was a little surprising that he had called me to meet up with him considering we were hardly friends.

Still, I sympathised with him and wanted to hear what he had to say. As I asked him about how he was, he just shrugged at me.

"Not too great if I'm being honest," He replied, pointing at the waiter.

The waiter arrived and I ordered a muffin with coffee where as he just ordered a glass of water for himself. As the waiter left, I looked at Iskander..knowing his dilemma. He seemed so madly in love with her and she had left without any notice.

"I can understand." I mumbled, he nodded.

"I know that. I just needed someone who could actually get my turmoil. I hope you weren't too busy?"

I wasn't.

"Not really. It was my day off."

"I'm sorry that I called you on your day off."

"That's okay, Iskander. But I do have to leave in an hour. I have lunch planned with my friends." I told him, he didn't seem like he was planning for us to sit here for more than an hour anyway.

"It'll only take a few minutes. I wanted to talk to you about Wafaa."

He only took his name and I could see that he was suffering. I hadn't seen many men who could express their emotions in a proper way. Even Wajeeh had so many emotion hidden behind the blankness in his eyes at times that it was hard to read him.

However, Iskander's eyes were filled with pain and darkness. I looked away.

"She left me, you know." He started off, I swallowed.

"I do. Wajeeh was the one who dropped her off at the airport." I informed.

His eyes raised at me.

"How did she know Wajeeh?" He questioned without a second thought.

I didn't want to hurt him more than he already was, I simply shook my head.