forty seven

Guys, this chapter omygod!!

Okay, please don't kill me??!!!

5k plus words.

And tell me what you think.

Make sure to vote and comment.

Also, Mannat is my baby and I'll never do her wrong okkk??

Wafaa.

If there was anything I had learned, it was the fact that people were people and no matter how kind the could act towards you, at some point they would hurt you.

I understood that he had become very of my feelings for him and clearly, he did not encourage them. He wanted nothing to do with me.

It was not my fault that I had even caught feelings for him. Did I want to have feelings for him? Hell no. I would have rather lived with the memory of the one man I loved, the man who loved me back. I did not want to start falling for someone who would never care enough and would never love me.

He probably thought that I had mistaken his friendship for something else but I had never really expected him to tell me that he was suddenly feeling something towards me. Heck, I had not even told him that I was feeling something towards him but he understood anyway and he hurt me to the point where I couldn't hold myself together.

His words were unkind and his eyes showed no emotion, he looked like a man of our world who just did not care enough.

I couldn't help but think about him even after everything he had said and done, I really wanted to stop thinking about him but I just could not. It was quite pathetic.

Every time, my mind went back to his ugly words.. my heart reminded me that this was the same man who healed me and saved me from the wrath of my family. This was the same man who told me that he felt guilty and responsible for what had happened to me. This was the same man who had put ointments over my bruises, even though he didn't have to. He could have asked anyone to do that.

This was the same man who had purposely let the coffee spill on his hand, just so mine would not burn. What kind of friends did that?

I just couldn't believe that he didn't care about me. My heart kept insisting that even though ninety five percent of his heart belonged to Mannat, I had taken up a tiny space within it too. Even if it was just five percent.

What else could explain our deep conversations at three a.m?

What if he was realising that he was starting to care more than he should have, and yesterday's hurtful words were just an effort to push me away?

Was I losing my mind and thinking of things that weren't there? Or had I simply came up with an answer for his behavior?

I looked up and found Nasreen enter the room, with a tray of dinner in her hand. I smiled and greeted her, she shot me a smile too.