sixty.

Helloooo.

Here's the update. Hope you guys will like it.

It's a Wafaa centric chapter. Next will be a Mannat/Wajeeh centred chapter since it's like nearing the end.

Almost 9k words of plain conversations so get ready.

Make sure to vote and comment. Check out golden and forbidden love if you haven't already.

My new account is thatpakistanigirl

New stories will be updated there. Hope you enjoy 💖

 Hope you enjoy 💖

Wafaa.

.. it had been a few days since I had last seen him. We were back in his village and while time had gone by, the bad memories had not faded away and I was sure they wouldn't fade away for a very long time.

My sadness had provided me a clarity and as I spent more and more time, in this house, I had the time to think. And God, I have spent more time thinking than I had ever before.

Being on my own floor, it felt nothing compared to the past. When I used to be on this floor before, it was my place of hiding. It was a place where I would relish in my solitude and feel alone. Now, it was simply peaceful.

it was peaceful because I knew that the people in this house did not hate me. it was peaceful because I didn't have a threat looming over me all the time. it was peaceful because I didn't have to fear any one hitting me to prove a point. it was more peaceful than it had ever felt before, I liked it.

I had been taking care of my own self for the past few days. The maid would come and ask if I needed anything but I just didn't have it in my heart to take her help. It made me miss Nasreen. she was the only one who knew what I wanted and how I wanted it.

My mother in law would come in check up on me everyday, and even Uncle Masroor had came up for the first time to enquire about my health. But despite all of the care, I like being alone and being the person to take care of my own self. It made me feel like I could do a lot more than I thought I was capable of.

On the other hand, Iskander called me twice every day. An hour after I had woken up, and right before I would go to sleep. He didn't ask me many questions and most of the times, it was just random conversations that hardly had any connection with us. I understood why. He wanted to distract me from the bad thoughts and all the nightmares.

Last night, we discussed a novel that he had asked me to read when I first moved to America. It was about a girl who who was in a different city and found it hard to adjust. It took more than an hour to give our opinion about that book, even though we had read it way too many times to discuss it again.