forty three.

I knowww, I'm late a little bit lol.

Anyway, here's the chapter.

5k words

Make sure to vote and comment

Hope you'll like it.

--

Wafaa x Wajeeh

Wafaa x Wajeeh.

It had been an entire week since that dreadful night and with each passing day, she was starting to get better. She had even stopped asking Nasreen to sleep on the third floor three nights ago. The swelling on her face had completely died down and the bruises was starting to fade slowly. She did not even feel the need to take medicines anymore as the pain had subsided and the only thing she felt now was the ache in her heart because she always thought that she would never really lose her family but she kind of had.

On the other hand, her new family or her family for the time being at least, was kind and caring towards her. Shah Masroor had visited her twice, enquiring about her health. Her mother-in-law came and sat with her every single day in the evening and always had something new to talk about. It was almost like a routine now.

She did not mind eating lunch and dinner alone because she had more people to talk to now and she didn't feel so alone anymore.

Mannat had not visited her after that one time. Not that Wafaa had expected her to visit every day and get chatty with her anyway. She did send more chocolates though, and it was a nice gesture. Wafaa practically lived for almond chocolates and maybe Mannat had a thing for them too, which is why she had sent them to her twice. It was a nice gesture but nothing more than that.

And then, there was Wajeeh.

She did not even know where to start with him. He had practically avoided seeing her every day for the past week. He would only show his face from the door, greet, and ask if she was feeling okay, and then walk back out without so much as a goodbye.

Still, it didn't matter.

For the past whole week, she had clung to the simple memory of him taking care of her and her wounds. She had thought of the way he had carried her up the stairs and made her lay down on the bed. She had thought of the way he talked to her with gentleness and how soft his hands felt every time he touched her. She had thought of the way he told her what he was going to do, just so she would be comfortable enough. She had thought of the way he expressed how guilty he felt for what had happened to her.

Every time she thought of him, a smile would spread out. She often realised how much someone's care and understanding made her think of them.

She had literally fallen in love with Iskander because he was the only one who understood her and saw her for the girl she was in the university. She fell in love because he told her that she was different and beautiful and she had nothing to be concerned about. She fell in love because he loved her so much that he was willing to do anything for her and she was his first priority.