Chapter 24 " The Things I Do"

Daniel is hear sitting next to me... a little too close!

" where did you get 'Skylarks minion'?" He asks

" well that's a secret now why don't you speak and tell me where you came from."

" whatever do you mean?" He says in a mocking voice.

" I mean u litteraly came from no where. Did Skylar send you?"

" no I came " he says

" well are I still following her orders?"

" yes and my next mission was to get you!"

I get ready, reciting several spells that could stop him before answering, and I know he's serious.

" what you mean?" Standing up and backing away.

He stands up and takes something out, his phone?

" I mean this, smile!"

He snaps a picture after I see the flash and he stars saying something, "Donec erunt ultra maga mittentes -" I start waving my hand "Before you cause a riot, why don't you be quiet" I snap and point at him but it just poofs away when it hits and he continues

" really? Anything you try won't work haven't you ever heard of a protection spell?" He continues with his... spell?

"Donec erunt ultra maga mittentes-" He continues but he just gave me an idea.
" Actually, now that you mention it."

I kneel down and stand up rising my hand as if forming a wall, or bubble. Next thing I know a purple bubble is sourounding me. Wow it worked! "-incantamenta cum fuste tintinnabulum" he finishes and and waves at me, but it doesn't work instead it reflects and just like it did for him, it poofed right when it hit my bubble but with it my bubble too... and I'm out in the open.

He smirks " 2nd times a charm, right?" He starts again and I try to do the protection spell again but I'm too weak. I'm out if time so I do the only thing I can both as a witch and mostly the inner girl in me. I run to him and my lips touch his shutting him up. My heart drops and I feel his shoulders relax and him go into something like dream. I pull away and study him.

He opens his eyes and looks confused. " Makayla? What- what just happened?"

I'm shocked " you don't remember?"

" no the last thing is after school and me and Skylar getting into a fight about... " he tails of but answers " you ." He looks up at me as if it's all coming back. " that's all I remember."

" so your not her minion anymore " I say slowly, letting him take this all in."

" minion- what are you talking about?"

" nothing I'm just glad your back." I turn around and start walking leaving him confused, but I look back and say "and be careful."

I turn back and start walking home wondering what I've done. That kiss why did my kiss reverse the spell and what was up with those words he was saying, is he a wizard? But instead I decide when I'm out of sight that I'll be doing a little spying.

Daniels P.O.V

I look around to make sure she is nowhere to be found. She's gone. I look at my watch and as if right on cue she's here.

"Hey." She says after she appears out of darkness
" hey where have you been." I say

" No where just a little family reunion... well mine and someone else's." before I can say anything she says " is it done, where is she?"

" She left she was too strong."

" what do you mean too strong, I put the promise curse on her, and I am the one who send you to her and made you my minion. Also I am the one who is taking her powers not to mention gave you an assignment to perform that ritual which makes her be quiet long enough for you to take her to me, while keeping you safe with that protection spell of mine? Now where is she?"

" Look she got away, apparently your not the only one with protection spells."

" wait how can she- she is not that powerful she is a beginner!" She nearly shouts."

" keep your voice down" I judge her. " apparently she learns fast."
" fine then what happened."

" well your in luck cause she want strong enough to keep it or contain it cause it disappeared right after I said those words and it made her weak."

" well not as bad but still, so why didn't you do it again."

I think before answering but I decide to tell her the truth.

" she kissed me." I sigh

" She what!" She shouts again.

" yeah in irder to make me stop.

" what did you do why didn't you do it agin-"

" oh this part you'll like." she stops and I continue. " I pretended it worked and she believed me. She thinks that I don't remember anything, so that means she'll be less suspicious of me and I can get close long enough for her to tell me all her secrets. "

She looks worried I don't know why though, she should be happy.

" But you're still my minion right, no change the curse isn't broken. That kiss didn't do anything-"

" No and why would it. It's not like true loves kiss." then I see it her sudden pause and I know what it is.

" was it."
" that's nothing for you to be concerned of."
I let it go but decide to tell her something else. " se was with Jaden."

" What! But the curse... the promise?"
" well she is getting stronger and knowing how she doesn't know how to break curses properly she most likely did it with a spell."

" but it can't be broken with a spell!" Unless-"

" Well she is a heart... And a one of a kind for that matter."

" we should get out of here we have to destroy her and soon. Not to mention the other one and we think that the queen.. their mother is on to us and them.. we should hurry."

" where?" I ask.
" somewhere.. come on let's go."
" yes Skylar."