vii.

Accalia's POV

It had been a few days since the pack chased Victoria through the woods again. Sam begged me to stay with Emily to keep her safe so I wasn't there. I was told that Paul had a small fight with one of the Cullen's. He came back home soaking wet, fuming about what happened. 

I was outside hanging with the boys when Jacob pulled up on his bike. Bella Swan on the back of it. They walked towards the guys and I.

"Quil, you too?" Bella questioned

"Yep, finally made the pack," He said while munching on a chicken leg

"I'm glad you're here Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue," Embry said, making fun of Jacob.

"I wish Bella would call," Paul started, pushing Jacob's shoulder

"I wish Bella wouldn't call," Jared chimed in

"Maybe I should call Bella," Embry added

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up," Quil joked

"Maybe I should just go see Bella," I laughed, nudging Jared

"Maybe I should go knock on her door and leave," Jared finished

We all began laughing, "All right, you can shut up now," Jake said, annoyed

Leah walked outside, taking her place beside me. "Bella, this is Leah Clearwater, Harry's daughter," Jacob introduced her.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about your father," Bella apologized awkwardly

Leah cut her off, "If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave."

Leah runs off into the woods. I follow behind her to comfort her. We both shifted and went on a run through the woods. We ran for about an hour before shifting back and getting dressed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned

"Honestly?" She asked, I nodded, "No. I hate this. Being around them. Sam and Emily. Having to see their happiness every day." I nodded for her to continue. "And I understand, he imprinted. I get it but it doesn't take away from the pain that he caused me. He could have dealt with the situation better."

"I agree he could have done it differently," I agreed with her

"When he imprinted he could have broken up with me and waited before he pursued her," She said, "He could have at least been decent enough to allow me time to get over it. Instead, he went for her, immediately after he dumped me."

"And I thought that she would respect the girl code enough to not go for my ex-fiance," She ranted, "we were best friends at that point and she just threw that out like yesterday's trash."

"Oh, Leah," I sympathized, "You deserve so much better than him. You deserve a guy, or girl, that will treat you like a queen. Someone that loves you wholeheartedly. Someone that treats you like you are the sun and they are the earth, revolving around you."

"Thank you," She said softly, "really Accalia, you always know the perfect thing to say."

"Always, you are my best friend after all," I said while nudging her.

"Always?" She asked

"And forever!" I said

We stayed out for a more few hours, enjoying each other's company. Goofing around and just being ourselves without any of the boys around.

*time skip to the bonfire*

Tonight was one of the tribe's bonfires. Jacob was bringing Bella. Why the council agreed, I'm not sure. Leah was absolutely furious and the guys weren't really happy.

I was standing by Leah, helping Sue get the food spread out before the bonfire starts when they arrived. We saw Bella walking up following Jacob. Jacob introduced her to Seth.

After everyone fills their plates will food. We all sat down on the logs that surrounded the fire. Jacob leaned over to Bella, "Not your typical bedtime stories," he whispered. The council leaders sat together and Billy begins telling the story. 

"The Quileute have been a small tribe from the beginning. And we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day our warriors came across a creature that looked like man but was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warrior's sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear the cold man was not alone. They were right."

"A female vampire, mated to the man they killed came. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife would see that we would lose. The third wife was no magical being, no special powers but one. Courage."

"The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time our enemies have disappeared but one remains. The cold ones. Our magic awakens when they're near and we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming and we must all be ready. All of us," Billy finished while looking at Bella.

"Although we have such a dark history, there is one legend that allows us to have hope," He started while looking at me smiling, "the story of the queen. The ruler of the supernatural community."

"It was said that she would lead the supernatural world into peace. Uniting the species. The legend told the story of a woman. Born half vampire, half shifter. A hybrid. She is said to be the most powerful supernatural being to exist. Indestructible and unkillable. The alpha of alphas. The protector of the tribe. Her word would be law."

"At first, the tribe didn't believe in this legend. We never had evidence of such a creature. Not until Miss Accalia," he said while looking at me, "joined us. She is the future of our species. She is our queen. Long live the queen!"

"Long live the queen," The pack and council members shouted in unison

The bonfire ended not long after the stories ended. We all went home, the tribe legend still lingering in our minds.