36. Gladiolus

36. Gladiolus

(of integrity, faith, and strength.)

When Takebayashi shattered the glass trophy on stage, denying the propaganda of Asano's regime and boldly declaring his external fuck-you to the crowd-- Nao couldn't help but chuckle dryly.

The conversation with Asano after this was going to be scary.

(But well... it's worth it.)

-

Probably.

"My life flashed before my eyes like three separate times," Nao buried his face into his hands the moment he reached the E-class building and entered the staffroom. "And we only spoke for about five minutes."

Without prompting, Karasuma stood up to make him a cup of coffee.

"Kuma-sensei's alive!" Okajima, with the ever-masterful peripheral vision, spots him by the shadows and immediately stuck his head out the classroom door to locate him.

"Oh, thank god!"

"Someone, get a fluffy, huggable object!"

"Here you go."

"No Karma, Nagisa doesn't count!"

"And don't grab Kayano either!"

(I swear I seriously was gonna cry, Nao doesn't say. He lets me mess around when texting and doing reports, but in person he really freaks me out.)

He's pushed into the couch, and suddenly Korosensei is there-- "I went to England to get you some cake! Thanks for all your efforts, really!"

The squishy shoulder massage, the obnoxious pampering, and the extra shawl really wasn't necessary, but when everyone crowded around him, telling him stories about their day thus far-- it just made him feel so warm inside.

Takebayashi sat there, on his knees.

"I'm really sorry, Kuma-sensei," he said, "I really wanted to cause as little trouble as I could to anyone but myself, but I couldn't come up with a way to spare you the trouble."

Nao simply chuckled warmly at that, "of course it's fine, Takebayashi. After all-- there's not much of a point to me being up here if I don't at least divert a little of Principal Asano's ire from you guys, right?"

Nao is weak, and he's not the smartest guy on the block either.

But if he's able to become even a fragile paper wall between Class E and Asano Gakuho-- he would be more than happy to do it, over and over again.